Any lesbians thought they were bi then later found out their actually lesbian ?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by stocking, Jan 24, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This happened to me and I wanted to know if any one experienced this looking back now I wondered what in the world made me think I was bi maybe just a lot of denial I guess .
    What about you guys ?

2. Beantown

Beantown Guest

I thought I was bi, then a lesbian but then I actually started to like my boyfriend but I still want to explore and learn more later about my sexuality and my feelings for other girls so that put me on demisexual.

3. Hartofgold

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It happened to me too. Probably denial. I was too desperate to not be gay, until I found the courage to accept myself.

4. PinkCammelia90

I had the opposite. I started off believing I was gay, then I dated a couple of guys and thought I was bi, then found I was still more attracted to women...

I spent years trying to find the right label so other people could figure out what I liked then just went with 'homoflexible' as the best possible outcome.

I still rarely like men although it's usually some kind of TV/film crush - Michael Fassbender on Hex reminded me of this last night <3

Sexuality is certainly a confusing thing, isn't it? I know I'm looking for a girlfriend and I identify mainly as gay, but I'm still fluid, and very open to falling for a man in the future. I've learned to enjoy being surprised by who I'm attracted to.

5. lovely lesbian

Yea kind of but I think always knew x

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That's pretty neat that you found out that you were demi I use think I was before I labeled myself lesbian but I don't like guys at all

I think it's the same for me too

I looked up the term homoflexible it's the same like heteroflexible

I wish I always knew

7. thekillingmoon

Yes. I would say for me it was living a sheltered life and lacking dating experience with anyone. When it's all hypothetical, it's easy to convince yourself. I wanted attention and someone to spend time with, but when I actually started dating a guy, I realized I wasn't happy. I didn't feel as strongly about guys as I felt about women later. I wasn't interested in doing sexual things with guys, even though I felt like I should be because it was expected of me. Then I met some girls I was attracted to and that changed my perception of relationships and sex and physical intimacy seemed like something I would actually want in a relationship.

8. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was like that for me. A year or two ago I thought I was bi because I had 'crushes' on boys at school. Eventually, I realized I only imagined those crushes because it was expected of me. I'm only actually attracted to girls.

9. FloatingPiano

I originally identified as bi honestly because that's how I used to feel. As time went on though, I liked men less and less. I now identify exclusively as a lesbian.

Like the poster above me, I had "crushes" on boys, but I think it was too me trying to fit into the expectations of those around me.

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I thought I was bi too because of that and also because of my long distance relationship with this guy once . But Now I don't have attraction to men at all I never really got turned on seeing them naked either only just women back then and now too but because I heard that it's normal for women to not find men's body attractive and other women I thought I was bi

11. spiri

Yeah... Pretty much! I was in a really good het relationship while I was discovering my sexuality, I was desperate to find some way to justify that I wasn't gay and that the relationship could go on. Took me three years to figure it out but happier with myself now, finally, and the relationship is now a really wonderful friendship. Though I still don't really like using the word 'lesbian', just 'gay' is good. For it wasn't just about sex, much more about identity; I just couldn't imagine marrying and having kids with a guy, but I want those things with another girl, so I eventually worked out that it meant I'm probably gay. :slight_smile:

12. sandshoes

Yeah, and I think it's been harder for me to realize it because I can get sort of attracted to guys, but only on a romantic level. But I can't really see myself having a relationship with one now though. (Have been in two relationships with guys, none with girls) I also think it takes longer for me to really crush on girls, I mostly have to get to know them better first.

I still consider myself a lesbian though, but not long ago I thought I was bi. And most of my life I've been assuming I was straight. Didn't think about my sexuality much until a couple of years ago.

13. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Even as a kid I couldn't see myself with a guy but I just thought it was because I was feminist or that my parents got divorce when I was little .

14. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I couldn't see myself with a guy either. I assumed it was because I was a kid and kids weren't supposed to like the opposite sex until they got older. I was dreading puberty because I would start liking guys instead of girls. It didn't exactly go like that...

15. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I got called stupid by mom because I didn't have sex with guys when I was a teen . her exact words were ' My daughters stupid when she comes to men and it's a shame because all her cousins are having sex with guys but I'm glad I'd say let her be dumb , at least I don't have to worry about her being a teen mom . My mom didn't want me around boys when i was a teenager and would even get upset if I talked to a boy . when I was around 22 made she fun of me for being a virgin .

16. femmeinpink

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I thought I had crushes on a couple guys and wondered why I never thought about them all the time or even talked about them like my friends did. Only now do I realize I only pretended to have crushes to seem normal and I never liked guys.

17. Noelle

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That pretty much describes me, too. What I usually say is that I am 98% lesbian. Basically just saying that I would date a guy again, but there is a very slim chance.

18. Seagypsy

What a hurtful thing for a mum to say :rolle:

She didn't want u near boys but then laughed at you, that's just cruel xxx

19. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    She's a very hurtful person

20. Hartofgold

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly, I really dont see why we should all stick labels on ourselves. When someone calls me a lesbian it literally makes me freak out. I dont know if its because of the stuck-up society I grew up in or the fact that I still havent made peace with it. I just fidn the word lesbian degrading. I dont know why, I just do. What is it with our need to say that someone is exactly something?

---------- Post added 27th Jan 2014 at 09:35 AM ----------

Thats really horrible. I hope she starts treating you the way you deserve love. Keep your head up! :kiss: