1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are You Thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Martin, Jul 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick07

That put a huge smile on my face :slight_smile: We had a beautiful autumn day today too.

2. Ohhai

I wish I could afford to leave home with my son. I cannot bare my mums arsehole partner.

3. Jonathan

That awful moment when you spend ten minutes debating between two multiple choice answers on a test, picking one and then erasing like fifty times, make a final choice and then change it at the last second...only to check afterwards to see that you would have been right if you left it :frowning2:

4. Double Eagle

Double Eagle Guest

My thought; Where would God be the likeness of itself without humanities survival because that would be the direction for me to head, perhaps it would be an unmoved mountain.

5. LinkLarkin

I think I'm developing a straight crush on a gay guy...

6. Ohhai

I want to be blonde, it'll match my ditziness.

In other news, where has Holly gone? Not seen her post for a while :frowning2:

7. Colours

Breakouts, breakouts everywhere. Can I ever be free of pimples for longer than 2 days? God.

I seriously need to see a doctor or dermatologist for it. These are the best years of my life and I don't want it to get me down any longer.

8. chercheur

chercheur Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It seems like everyone cares when it's too late..but never a life-saving minute sooner. I hate seeing people say "someone" should have helped a person in need when they're beyond helping or how "someone" should have seen it coming. *You* should have seen it coming and *you* could have been the one to reach out your hand and tell the person you cared and allowed them to let it out, but you chose not to.

Rant over...it's just frustrating seeing people crying out for help while everyone looks the other way cause it's easier. I'm sick of seeing people choose not to be there for each other because they're too wrapped up in their own lives.

9. kresukun

I've loved and lost it all within 3 days. How pathetic am I.

10. Tic Code

Well, just found out my essay and application for NMSC is due in just over a week. Fuck.

11. LinkLarkin

Yep. I've definitely managed to develop a crush on a guy that I barely know. He is gay, unlike most of the men who I fall for. But it's immaterial because he's at least 150 million kilometres out of my league.

12. chercheur

chercheur Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is a big pet peeve of mine: I actually despise when people say "GLBT"...like, why? LGBT is the more common usage and GLBT sounds wrong, so why change it? There's no reason except for the G portion to assert dominance over the L portion, which is sexist and ridiculous.

13. Hexagon

Agreed. Strongly.

14. Hiems

The story of my life >.< That's why when I narrow down to two answers and choose one of them, I try to not second guess myself . The feeling of resent when you get it wrong in such a scenario is less compared to when you get it wrong via changing answers.

15. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Always assumed it was used (in part, at least) tongue-in-cheek, due to the perception that gay men hold sway in the media, politics, and queer society.

16. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree so much. :lol: It's like they're trying to be either different, or assert that gay men should be put first. I think we're the least oppressed group (in general) out of LGBT people (ignoring intersectionality for sake of simplicity).

---------- Post added 1st Oct 2013 at 08:52 AM ----------

On another note, holidays at last! But then the massive load of fresh assignments and exams. And the weather has been great lately.

17. iHateThinking

Welp, will be going to the "Student Center" tomorrow. Even though I feel like I'll be beating a dead horse, maybe I can get some professional assistance.

Hopefully it goes well. Least it's during my lunch period and not my art class, I would have been very disappointed.

18. chercheur

chercheur Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Meh, it's less about gay men being "less oppressed". I think that's a silly concept and I haate the oppression olympics, with a passion. Discrimination is discrimination, and to say gay men have it "easier" diminishes the experiences of thousands of individuals.

I don't think gay women should come first because they receive more discrimination than gay men, because that silly kinda ideology just creates divisiveness within the community, and makes a mockery of real life experiences. It turns oppression into a competition or a game instead of something very serious, that impacts lives in a very real way.

I think the L should come first because it already DOES and that's the common usage and what sounds right, so why change it? The only reason I can see is sexism, which is why it's absolutely grating when I hear someone say "GLBT".

19. Bolin

Messages to respond to, business to take care of...but I'm physically, mentally and emotionally drained after yesterday and today.

20. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    I finally like someone :grin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.