if you could go back in time....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MerBear, Dec 29, 2012.

?

would you go back in time?

1. yes

38 vote(s)
    54.3%
  2. no

18 vote(s)
    25.7%
  3. maybe

14 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. leer

knowing what i know now i would have have stuck up for myself & more honest with myself & f#ck what people thought.:eek:

2. SunSparks

Hmm.... thats a bit tricky... I am pretty content in the way my life is heading but to change.... I feel I don't want to change what happened to me at around 7~8 yrs old with the beatings to the point where I couldnt trust anyone and wouldn't talk at all because its impact on me was to so great I don't think I would be the same person without the hope and optimism that I found after that... so if I could change anything, I would tell my little self all the bad things I did as a result of my mistrust of all people- like when I don't really talk when they try to be friendly - I'm scared of them bu to them, it seems that I just dont want to be friends... I'm still trying to fix all the social problems I had because of my childhood, I find new things all the time but I'm getting there...

3. Capichino

I would go back and save my dog or tell myself that I'm gay or when when my mom asked if I was gay I would of said yes but asked her not to tell my brother

4. Jonimarie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow ... I would need multiple visits. Let's see ... I would go back to before I was born and stop my mom from taking drugs and drinking. I would go back to when I was seven and stop my dad from running away with my brother. And then I would go and have my uncle arrested so he would rot in jail (not going into that one now). Then I would go back to when I was 15 and stop myself from dating a 27 year old loser that ruined most of my life for the next 6 years. But I guess if I had to choose one, it would have been stopping my mom from drinking an doing drugs, because I have a feeling that everything else would have worked out differently because of it.

5. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Ugh, so many things I would do... Places to see, people to meet, other people whose asses need to be kicked...

6. starfish

I assume you are asking if I would go back for a do over. If I knew what I knew now, school would be a piece of piss. I'd still have a good back, so that would be a plus.

An interesting thought is would I be comfortable with my sexuality. I grew up in a small town and I dealt with being gay, by not dealing with it. I regret not coming out in and being comfortable with my self in High School. It would have been rough, but I would have been ok.

On the other hand, things are pretty good now. If it wasn't for what happened in my youth I wouldn't be where I'm today. While it would be nice to relive the good times, I think I'd pass. Need to keep moving forward.

7. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Not to mention I'd die to live in 70s, 80s, and 90s east coast, west coast, and the uk... the underground punk scene was stellar then.

8. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    I said "maybe." Looking back on my life there are a lot of things I wish I would have done differently. However, some of those things made me who I am. If I were to change my experiences then I would change who I am.

9. Greendalehumans

I would have been like "Hey you. Yeah, you. You're gay. Yeah. Also don't cut yourself. Don't. Also, get better grades. And don't drop out of choir. And cut your hair short. And stop dressing so weirdly. Ok see ya in 4 years."

10. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm afraid I'd keep going back to one day/event (nothing in particular, any one will do) and try to fix it just a bit better yet...

11. Kay

Kay Guest

NO way would I go back in time. Been there done that and would never want to go through those times again. They were really yucky. I am happy to be where we are now. If I could go forward in time I would perhaps consider that it I did not get any older than i am today. I would enjoy seeing what lies ahead far more than the ruble I have left behind.

12. animequeen567

I would if it was with The Doctor to go on a lot of adventures and be his companion (Preferably the tenth doctor) :grin:

13. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    'ell I gotta checklist of stuff ta do. Give me a TARDIS and I'll....[to lazy to formulate list]......Also, I would probably sit down to Play 1st edition DnD with Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson.

14. Pain

Pain Guest

I would have stopped David's parents from going through his phone...

15. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

It'd be cool to go back in time, but I wouldn't go change things... who knows what kind of chain I could start that would change things drastically in the long term.

16. Suffocation

I would go back to the day, where that first thought... first appeared in my head. God, that thought kills me..

"Look at yourself. You are so useless, so pointless. You don't deserve to live. You might as well go kill yourself now, you fucking piece of shit."

I would ask myself, why would you ever think that. Your life is so flawless right now, don't screw this up.

I wish I wasn't so gullible. Of course it wasn't flawless. My life is pointless, but luckily, I've learned to cope. I wish I can ask my past self, what it was like to be happy. Because it's the world I live in now, where it's sometimes difficult to distinguish things that are happy, from things that are sad, and that I can't remember.. the ecstasy of pure emotion.

The thought of not knowing a life with happiness... it deprives my need for living. I would ask my past self how it feels to be the center of attention. Wanted. Maybe even loved. Because I forgot those wonderful feelings.. emotions.

17. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't travel back in time. Aside from all of the physics issues with time travel (paradoxes and whatnot), I do not believe that I would be capable of responsibly making the "right" changes (whatever right is :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), nor would it be my right. How could I know the consequences of whatever I change? There definetly would be many cascading changes, for all I know, I could be responsible for the next Hitler. And even if I could, what about all of the lives that have played out as a result of the variables being what they were; if I go back and change something, I would be indirectly taking away good lives from some people, and giving good lives to others. No one should be able to wield power like that.

And perhaps the most down-to-earth reason I have, is that even the negative experiences in my life have helped to make me who I am, and have probably helped to better me in some way. If I take them away, I'll be giving up a part of who I am, and without them, I might be a worse person than I am. So, no, I wouldn't change what's happened, instead, I'll focus on doing my best with what I have, and to keep moving on every time life gets me down.

18. Fate

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't go back, my past has made me who I am today and I'd be to afraid to change that... I've survived the pain and though some still lingers, it has made me stronger...

19. jaysuss

If I could go back in time and have a complete memory of how my life turned out I would of done much better in school in my earlier years, came out when I knew I was gay instead of waiting 4 years, not get involved with the people I did get involved with, and that is just about the general idea of what I would do if I had the chance....

20. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would go back in time for some things but not all. Mostly I'd spend time with those who have died or with family that has drifted.

I'd go back to when I was 9 and I would tell my stepdad I love him. I'd call him Dad and give him one last hug.

I'd also go back to spend more time with my grandma. I'd hug her and sit on her lap one last time.

I'd spend more time with my dog, Holly. I'd take her on walks and let her get in the lakes. I'd hug her and kiss her and cry with her about how life will never be the same. I would stay with her as she got her last shot and hold her paw close. I'd thank her for being there for me when everyone died.

Then I'd spend more time with the rest of my animals. I'd make sure my cat, Milo, came inside the day he was killed.

Thinking back, it would be great to go back in time to just say goodbye to everyone and spend more time with the ones I love... I'd be more present and more caring than I ever have been.