1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Browser do you use?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Mr Ishida, May 23, 2011.

1. Tristar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have been using Chrome mostly of late, although due to my job I need to occasionally break out pretty much all the others for testing stuff I work on. :eek:

2. TheRoof

chrome. its so much faster than internet explorer or firefox, and i like the simple layout

3. AllSmiles

Chrome for me :slight_smile:

4. lulu165

lulu165 Guest

People using Google Chrome: Do you often times get error messages while on EC? I do all the :***: time

5. Kso1995

i use internet explorer 9 only cause its the default browser for my computer and im too lazy to download any other ones and plus i sort of like it.

6. Tracy Lord

Chrome for everything except work email. The web interface for that only likes IE.

7. Miske

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am extremely late as always. I was like that even at Firefox's peak. I was still using Internet Explorer at that time. Now I'm missing out on Chrome and I'm still using Firefox xD

8. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I read it like that at first too xD Why confusion, really, though? I could answer you which Bowser I use. It's the following one, which I like for his sense of semi-realism :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

[​IMG]

As for browser, I'm one of those rare people who didn't find fault with IE, so I continued using it. I really don't need any fiddly add-ons or faster speed (IE seems to load most pages about as fast as I can shift my attention to them anyway), and after using it for so long, I'm just plain too lazy to learn to use one of those newfangled browsers anyway :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I'll just have to live with the guilt of the hurt I'm causing to so many webdesigners :badgrin:

9. DarkClarity

Sometimes I use Chrome and sometimes I use IE8. And Opera when I'm on my DSi.

10. Hum... I recently started using Chrome, but I used IE before that.

11. helping hand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Firefox whenever I'm browsing for a reallyyy looooongg time, and chrome for those 5-minute jump-on/jump-off sessions.

12. Just Passing

I've finally got around to downloading Google Chrome and I've got to admit, it's pretty epic. Faster and nicer to look at.

13. KnightAssassin

Comodo dragon ..... [ style of chrome i believe ]

14. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I use Rockmelt.

15. SwedishOnInside

Chrome all the way.

16. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    NO! BAD! INTERNET EXPLORER IS BAD! Please, for the benefit of all internet users, STOP USING INTERNET EXPLORER. THIS GOES FOR EVERYONE!

When you use internet explorer (especially if you're not using IE9) you're making the lives of the people who create those websites you're looking at difficult. Internet Explorer does a lot of things badly, like rendering CSS the same way as everyone else.

PLEASE download Firefox 4 or Chrome!

---------- Post added 28th Jun 2011 at 09:29 AM ----------

Oh trust me, you'd have a lot more trouble if you actually knew what you were doing. Sorry but if you did, you'd know how much of a pain that is. Not to mention you were designing for internet explorer? Chances are whatever you designed for internet explorer won't look correct in other browsers because IE renders CSS differently.

I will not calm down about this. Seriously, debugging for IE is the stupidest thing ever. Ask any legitimate web designer. Most everyone but children and old people use IE and it's because they don't know any better. There are some government things that will only work on IE, and that sucks.

It's the ugliest, slowest, least standards friendly browser, and there's really no reason for that. Move on from IE, it's not going to kill you to download chrome, and you'll enjoy it so much more!

Google Chrome - The web is what you make of it

17. Tristar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I haven't had any issues with this site using Chrome. My platform is OS X so YMMV. I do have issues on Facebook however (their popup panels seem to be failing of late).
    (!)

18. Just Passing

Okay, I really didn't want to do this for the sake of my sanity and being civil whilst lying within the forum rules (and I'm not going to return to this thread, because I see this post causing an ugly turn, because of my actions, which I'm deeply sorry for and I hope a nice interesting discussion in the variation of people's web browsers can continue), but...

SHUT THE HELL UP! See I can type in capital letters too, but anyway, who the hell are you to say what web browsers people can or cannot use? Regardless of your profession and expertise, you just come across like a bitter troll who has a go at anyone who even says they're using IE, even though the whole purpose of this thread is to say what browser you're using.

At the time I originally posted, I was using IE and had been for a long time, before moving on to Chrome, which is as you rightly said, has a nicer interface and is faster in loading times. That doesn't mean I'm going to hate IE just because I've stopped using it.

I've used Firefox in the past, but I don't like it. Out of the four web browsers, I've used, I can't stand it. Still unlike some people, I'm not going to go insane over someone using it. :rolleyes:

Don't even dare question my ability at being able to use anything. I might not be a professional, but I have some knowledge in designing web sites on a semi-recurring basis.

I was designing on the basis of using IE and yes, perhaps I should have checked how it would've looked under other browsers, but at the time, I had other work that needed to get done in a short amount of time.

Then continue looking like a blatant baby who can't stand it whenever someone says they're using IE. I get you don't like it and in your professional experience it shouldn't be used, but pretty much yelling at people for using it is just childish.

Oh and the fact you posted on my profile about how I should stop using IE just shows how pathetic you actually look. Are you going to post on everyone else's profile who says they're going to use it?

Silly, did you not notice this post I made before yours?

Look, before you type. :wink:

#58 Just Passing, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  19. Blakers19

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Google Chrome all the way! I'm really active on a lot of forums and it loads pages SO much faster than either IE9 or Firefox 4.

20. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

Google Chrome ftw. <3