Does anyone hate as many people as the english!?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by partietraumatic, Jan 13, 2009.

1. partietraumatic

I was thinking today how many people the english dislike?! surely there cannot be anothe country that does it to quite the same extent. Now by hate i dont mean the english hate individuals,rather than they hate the country lol....For example the average english man feels some antipath towards:

The French: most english people hate the french and we stereotype them as smelly and arogant and that they gave in during successive world wars. Also they are an historic enemy

The Germans: most english people hate the germans,largely based on the 2 world wars and the many times they beat us at football in the world cup and european championships.

The Scottish,The Welsh,The Irish: Our neighbours so we seem to hate them

The Americans: Perhaps we still feel some resentment from when they kicked us out?! (intersting how we ignore that they saved us in ww2 lol!)

So thats just 6 counties of the top of my head which most english people seem to have an irrational hate of lol...of course the thing is there that they all hate us too lol

On top of THAT we dont even like eachother!!
    The southerners stereotype northerners as uncultured, the northerners stereotype the southerners as softies.

But then not eve all northerners get along with northerners or southerners with sotherners! People from Liverpool hate people from Manchester! People north london dislike people from south london!!

Us lot in oxford hate people from cambridge,due to university rivalry

I could go on and on lol

Annyway i was bored and thought of this and realised we, as a nation, have to be the best when it comes to hating people with tenuous at best reasoning!!

does anyone else know of other coutries that are as bad as us for doing this?!?!

2. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Pouet Pouet!
    Another Frenchtard!

Sorry. We get ALOT of division between francophones and anglophones in Quebec. An insane amount. I don't quite understand it. But damn, those Quebecois hold a grudge.

So don't worry. While the English hate tons of people, we hate you too! Anglomorons.

3. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmm, we are definetly generalising alot. :wink:

4. partietraumatic

hehee i know,its all in good spirits tho!! obs the majority dont actually hate all those countires :grin:

5. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh I dunnnnno. I can confirm that the majority of scousers dislike Manchesterrrrr. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. partietraumatic

hehe ive never been to either,but i have heard that they do :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: also when i visit friends 'up north' (thats quite general i know lol) people defs judge me as a posh southern softie coz of my oxford accent :grin:

7. RaRa

Doesn't sound as bad as my people at all lol. We hate each other more and we have like 20 divisions. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. spydar

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    they (us) did not save us (uk) at all! we (the allies) all helped each other to defeat the nazis! plus without the french the Us would have not kicked the english out either! they would have lost to us (uk) like they did the first time round.. amuseing thread but factually incorrect,,,

9. xequar

I dunno, Americans are pretty good at it sometimes, too...

For example, most Americans aren't exactly fans of the Brits and think of you guys as sissies with bad food that we had to save in WWII. By the way, that includes ANYONE from the British Isles. We don't care that you have Welsh and Irish and Scottish and English and whoever else. You're all the same, and you all suck as far as many Americans are concerned. And of course, most Americans still think we're superior to you because we "kicked you out" and set up our own country.

The French-softies that don't have a word for "victory" and too cowardly to come fight with us in Iraq (remember the whole thing about French Fries being changed to Freedom Fries to slight the French?

The Japanese-Many Americans still have that whole, "They f---ed with us and they deserved to get nuked. Twice." mentality. Luckily that one's starting to fade, but it's being replaced with the idea that most of the world's goofy shit comes from Japan (maybe because we nuked them. Twice.). Seriously, watch any anime and try to tell me that Japan doesn't make goofy shit.

Oh, and Canada... There are a lot of Americans that think of Canada as a backward "America Light" to the north with people that say "abooot" rather than "about."

Of course, we have the whole North and South thing too. The South is still pissed that they lost the Civil War, and they keep claiming that, "The South will rise again!" Northerners think of the South as a bunch of drawling ignorant hillbilly inbred morons with a stupid culture and whose presense is a blight on the United States of America. The South thinks the North is out to destroy the U.S. and lead the world into moral decay.

So yeah, the Brits are pretty good at generalizing others, but we in the U.S. learned pretty well from you guys before we kicked you out. BTW, that last bit was a joke...

10. spydar

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I dont know about hate?as its such a strong term, but Americans do seem to think they are better than everyone else. Invented everything saved the world etc etc,if you want an idea of what the average U.S citizen thinks
    ,log on to Xboxlive and mention the war or who invented what ever,or just have an English accent & you will soon hear FAG this and FAG that ,brits blah teeth blah blah ,Im gonna do this to your mom etc etc..
    (huddles in corner awaiting the abuse)

#10 spydar, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  11. xequar

Don't sweat it, it's true. Americans in general think that the United States is the single greatest thing to grace history.

And that's one of the reasons America is so backwards sometimes.

12. cjtom

cjtom Guest

Wow I can really feel the love in this room...

13. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    alot of people i know seem to dislike the french .. im still mad at them for getting parts of gemrany after world war two .. since the only thing they did is surrender to the germans

14. Amy

Amy

I know one! I know one!
    The WBC.

15. Steve

the what?? what is wbc

16. Ben

Ben

Wetboro Baptist Church. They hate everyone except themselves.

17. Steve

oh hehehe

there are two things i hate raceism and turks.
    this is not meant to offend anyone its just a joke

18. Amy

Amy

Also known as the Westboro Bigots' Church.
    God hates fags.
    God hates America (ironically, they are in America).
    God hates Sweden.
    God hates Canada.
    God hates the Chinese.
    God hates Catholics.
    God hates Italy.
    God hates Islam.
    God hates Haiti.
    God hates African-Americans.
    God hates Judaism.
    Thank God for dead miners.
    Santa Claus is satan/a fag.
    But God forgives Shirley Phelps for having am illegitimate son.

19. Steve

god hates haters

20. xequar

And yet they're the single greatest thing to ever happen to the gay rights movement. Personally, I'd love to shake the old man's hand (then tell him I'm a fag just to see his reaction!).