1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do your friends think your gay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nisomer, May 5, 2005.

1. cali

Most new people I meet I wonder if they're straight or not. Do straight people do this? Because if they do people probably suspect I'm a lesbian. I don't date and never talk about boys with my friends.

2. leer

everyone except a few straight mates but if they ask'ed me Id tell them.

3. SimpleMan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No one has asked if I am gay in years. I get a lot of, "You need to find a woman." from family. I tend to self-isolate outside of work and family situations so it might be that no one can get close enough to question.

4. RocketMoose27

Nope, my friends think I'm 110% straight.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If they don't, they're so deep in denial I don't think I could ever drag them back out again.

Lex

6. Colours

Most of them know I am, and nearly all of them were surprised when I came out to them. "What? You?" But it's been a while since I came out to them, currently there are 3 straight guy friends who I really feel the need to come out to (though one of them already sort of knows I am not straight). Since I started coming out I have NOT talked about girls at all which has been about half a year now so I'm pretty sure the few friends left to go must at least have a slight suspicion.

7. Rigby

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everyone knows I am

8. Falklands Sheep

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Those who know still find it hard to believe. The rest have no idea.

9. Tic Code

Pretty much all my friends just assume I'm straight. I don't really follow any of the stereotypes (except for working out a lot), and whenever they ask me stuff about girls, I try to give neutral or abstract answers, like "Yeah she's pretty" or "Boobs or butt? Um, I can't decide?"

The one friend that knows actually assumed I was asexual, since I almost never talk about anyone in a sexual manner of fashion, since if I talk about a girl, I feel like I'm lying, and if it were about a guy, well, you know...

10. Djinn

Nope. I look feminine and talk about guys enough for anyone to suspect or raise questions. I think it would freak my family out a little if/when I did/do come out because it would seem so random and out of place.

11. BooksJeansTea

Well this happened Friday at work...

Me: Annie- what are you doing this weekend?
    Her: Going to the beach.
    Me: Dang.
    Her: Why? What's going on?
    Me: Well I wanted to go to this show over in Orlando.
    Her: How about we do next weekend instead but something else because that's not my thing.
    Me: Well .. okay.. but they'll be wearing tight outfits!!
    Her: yea but not just the guys. The girls will be too!
    Me: ha.Yup. :wink:
    Her: The "aha" look but she didn't say anything so I don't know if she brushed it off or not.

12. ViolinGirl8

ViolinGirl8 Guest

Yep. I've only told 6 of them (my closest friends) but I am a terrible liar and crushes seem to be a conversation topic of choice for girls my age...

Of the 6 I've told, 5 told me they had a hunch and 1 just doesn't think about these things...

I don't really care if they do know. I live in such an accepting community; I'm so lucky...

13. Hrantou

All my friends told me that they had no idea. It was a true shock to them. They tell me I just don't give off the gay vibe. To them, I was just a nerd guy.

14. LILuke

I don't think so. I don't act like the stereotypical gay guy, and as much as those stereotypes are stupid and untrue and useless that's what most people base such assumptions on I think. Plus I've expressed interest in girls in the past so I've got that to fall back on. When I was younger my parents would ask accuse me of being gay fairly regularly, and my dad still does from time to time - but I think that's more his ridiculous way of trying to motivate me to get a girlfriend or something. :bang:

But the one person who I have told that I was questioning my sexuality told me he'd suspected that I was either gay or bisexual for a long time, so apparently I'm not quite so secretive as I thought. I don't know, but I think most of my friends would be fairly surprised. There have been a few moments that probably made a few people wonder, but I'm not sure.

15. blueberrymuffin

It's more like they knew I'm gay before we really hung out much. There was no having to tell someone i knew for years. Also, half of them are gay too.

16. ItalianBlueEyes

I always do this! Check for rainbow bracelets, try to apply gaydar. About nine out of every ten times, I'm convinced they're gay.

No one saw it coming, with me... I was in full on, One Direction loving denial about my lesbiansim, throughout the preteen years. Add my ultra-femmeyness and I'm suspicious that none of them actually believe me yet. Sigh. One of these days they'll make the connection between the phrase "I'm gay. Nope, not kidding," and the barely clothed posters of Megan Fox in my locker.

17. Saint Otaku

People might, due to how non-masculine I can act. But I so far into the closet with my friends that I think they'll be surprised when I come out.

18. Nines

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Absolutely no doubt about it. I just moved to a new school so nobody knows even though I'm technically out. Somehow I got talking with a girl I just met about dating and:

Me: Yeah, one time my friend invited me to the movies and then two hours after I was thinking "Oh my god, was that a date?"
    Sam: Haha wow, how could you not know if it was a date?
    Me: I never know the difference between a date and just hanging out with a friend.
    Sam: So wait you never found out if you went on a date with him, I mean...or her.....or it.
    Me: Haha, "it"? Oh yeah I'm totally gunna go date a lamp.

She probably just added the "it" part so it wouldn't look like she was implying anything. I've been getting these kind of comments a lot from near strangers.

19. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You do realize you could lend out that extra 10% to someone who thinks they might need it, right? Just kidding!

20. biggayguy

I just came out as gay on Facebook so yeah. My friends know I'm gay.