1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Rayland, Apr 13, 2024.

1. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought I'd give you guys a small update how it went in the committee. :slight_smile:

They asked me a lot of questions. I was in the committee for an hour. Apparently longer than others have been, but I pretty much told them my life story and was fully honest with everything and said everything I wanted to.

I have a feeling it went well, though they wanted me to talk to my psychiatrist to deal with my anxiety more. I told them I do have bad anxiety. But they were friendly and understanding. I had some trouble wording stuff well, but otherwise I was able to talk about it all. In Estonian it's way harder to express it all this well.

They told me that it takes 2 to 4 weeks to get a response and they also talked about the process of the name change, what gives me a good feeling that it went well.

They also showed some concern about the possible risks to my health about it, but I said if it really starts to affect my health I will stop and find a way to feel better differently. I don't know if that is good or bad, but it is something I do need to keep an eye on my dosages and hormone levels. It's concern because it thickens the blood, so it could make me get trombs. It can be fatal to me, because of my genetic heart defect and it's even risky for me to donate blood.

2. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's great I hope it all turns out well and I'm so happy for you! :slight_smile:

Rayland likes this.
  3. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This sounds hopeful, Rain. Fingers crossed you get the news you've waited so long for in a few weeks!

Hugs, Beth x

Rayland likes this.