1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Mom and Aunts are Stressing Me Out

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TinyWerewolf, Mar 8, 2024.

1. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

I'm nervous I'm going to get into debt or screw it up somehow. Terrified of debt, that's a huge reason I never went back to school (besides being kidnapped). Another thing that terrifies me is getting fired, I tend to run late a lot- I've become a lot better about that but still have my moments. I usually like my job too, I'll have decent insurance when full time- really depending on that for surgery down the line and hrt and therapy. I think it's my anxiety taking the unknown and demonizing it.

I also worry about my dog and his behavior- he barks a lot at night (coyotes and other wildlife are about around here), he's never stepped paw in a house (only the vet), he seems unaware he's a giant, likes to chase moving tires, and he doesn't have the best track record with other unfamiliar dogs/animals (despite having been raised with another dog). On the positive side he's very smart (almost too smart), and likes people (especially children). We're making progess, I have a long way to go training him.

Long story short, transition and freedom excite me but the cost and actions required scare me

Obliteratrix47 likes this.
  2. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Question Why is your Aunt so obsessed with you dating ?

3. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No idea, but if I had to guess it's because they want me to have kids and a husband like all the rest of the women in my family. I'm the last single one on that side. Most of my cousins were married and pregnant by my age. What they don't realize is I'm actually a man, and though I have the parts the thought of getting pregnant is a major dysphoria trigger for me. If I think about it too long I start to panic. If it ever happened I'd have to be tied down to carry to term so I wouldn't harm myself. I also have autism, and having been treated the way I have because of it I couldn't have kids without some major guilt- autism is eighty percent heritable if one parent has it.

#23 TinyWerewolf, Mar 12, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2024
  4. Chillton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I grew up with abusive family members. Like you I wished they would change and always looked forward to those brief occasional good moments. It got so bad that I was on the brink and couldn't take it anymore. I decided to push back and took steps to get out of those situations. In doing so I learned many things. You cannot change people or wait for them to see the error of their ways. People only change if they want to, or if they have a very rare come to Jesus moment. Nothing is forever. Life will change whether you like it or not. You have to change and adapt to the times or you get stuck and left behind. Lastly own your pain, don't let it own you. Don't worry about other people causing you pain. This is your pain and only you can control and change it to work for you. Become the master of yourself don't let anyone else be the master of you. I can PM you later if you would like me to go into more detail. I didn't want to overload you with several paragraphs of info. But those were my main takeaways.

It's hard to explain how to fight for yourself. Everyone interprets it differently. Basically think of how you would act to save or protect someone who was in an accident or brutally attacked. Then do that for yourself like you would do for others. Treat yourself with that same kindness and attention you would for someone else. Be the first responder for yourself.

Mainly how to build credit is making payments. Like paying for a car or loan or paying off the credit you borrowed every month. You can also get Walmart, target, or home Depot credit cards pretty easily. Making those payments every month will help build your credit. Also some banks are easier to credit cards than others. You can also switch to banks that have deals when you sign up, like being issued a credit card.

If you need to move out in a rush, there are apps and people looking for last minute roommates. Rent can be much cheaper when spread about to a few people or more. Typically in this kind of situation they're just looking for someone to help pay the bills and not interact with them on a personal level. Then all parties meetup and informally screen each other to make sure everyone is not crazy and can pay the bills on time. If your not 100% sure they'll pay their portion of the rent then don't move in. Also stay away from couples. They always start drama you'll get dragged into and they'll be the first to dip and get their own apartment. While living there you can look for other people or friends to move in with, if your roommates fall through. A pet does make things tricky. I would look to rent a house/duplex/townhome with a yard and roommates rather than an apartment.[/QUOTE]

#24 Chillton, Mar 13, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2024
  5. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not quite sure how to own my pain rather than let it own me, but the rest makes sense. I do have a lot of trouble taking care of myself, but I need to try to do better. As for fighting back, that has consequences so the best way to do that is escape I think. I need to start finding effective ways to fight through my anxiety though- it's been getting in my way, especially lately.

I may look into one for buying gas, a friend told me that was really the easiest way to build credit fast. Buy it then pay it off quickly. That's the best place I can think of- Walmart wouldn't be hard to build credit with either probably. I'll try there next.

Who I'm moving in with is a trusted friend, I'm just worried with inflation I won't be able to afford it all. This is where my anxiety really had me by the throat last night. I make about $14 an hour, which isn't terrible but could be a lot better. I also have a large dog to feed- his healthy weight is 110 pounds. With a dog comes vet bills and supplies to take care of him (I already have things like a leash, collars, muzzle, harness, brush, grooming glove, etc.). Somewhere near a dog park and on the ground floor is going to be a must on my list for an apartment/duplex. Whatever I can afford that would be a good fit for us all, just going to have to be very good at budgeting.