1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused lesbian??

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by riddhi, Jan 31, 2024.

1. riddhi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    okay so i have this friend (also lesbian, like me) and we have gotten very close this year. like super close. we both say that we are each others "person" and we make jokes about dating, getting married, and stuff like that. everyone we know thinks we are dating because we are very affectionate: we are always holding hands and napping on each other and hugging and stuff. at the start of the year we made it clear we didn't like each other, but now i have developed feelings for her. she has previously said she doesn't like me like that, but i just am not sure. we are going to prom together and today she kissed my hand 2 times and left her lipstick stains. is there a chance here????

2. Chillton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's tough when romantic and platonic lines blur like that. But since you both established your relationship is just friends, then she may just be more comfortable blurring the lines even more now.

How exactly did it go down when you established your feelings as just friends and deciding to go to prom together?

3. riddhi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    well we've joked about being in a relationship but mainly it was us asking the other "what would you do if i confessed feelings for you" and her response from a while ago was that she'd let me down gently. that much was clear but it confuses me when she randomly says that she wants to date me (she has very deadpan humor so i chalk it up to that) and also that she said she feels sort of jealous when i find other girls cute. i also joke that im going to ask her out and a few times she said if i asked at the right time she'd say yes for a bit, but again she is most probably joking. about prom, it was kinda established that we will go together. we are even matching our nails and asking each other. i initially didn't wanna go to prom she insisted i come because she wants me there.

4. Chillton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In that case I would suggest 2 approaches.

1. Tell her that if you're not serious about dating then don't make jokes and jealous remarks. It is just blurring the lines too far and becoming very confusing for you.

2. The next time she does make a relationship joke or remark, then call her bluff and press your advantage. Cool we're dating now, I'm glad you said it first. If she starts to back track and pull away then flirtatiously tease her heavily. Something like, (you're saying one thing but I don't actually think that is what you want - or you can't keep throwing out these mixed signals without any repercussions.) She'll either eat it up or stop doing that kinda stuff.

If she really is into you then she obviously won't make the first move. From my perspective she is just playing games with you and keeps on changing the rules to try to indirectly influence you to make the first move. That is why I'am more attracted to men lol. There are way more direct.

5. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    riddhi.....I usually catch people when they make their first post in the "Welcome Lounge" but I missed you there, so I'll catch back up to you here! :old_rolleyes:

*****Hello and a big LGBTQIA+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: I can remember the first post that I made on EC. I was desperate for help and I got the help that night that I so needed. I hope that we can help you in the same way that I received help. The most important thing to remember about Empty Closets is that we do care about you! We're very glad that you found us here on EC and hope that we can answer questions, give you support and provide a place to vent (as long as it's not violent! :old_wink: ) when that becomes necessary! This is a safe community of loving, caring and very supportive people and we will do our best to help you blend into the community.

*****There are 18 different sub-forums here that you can check out, join in the conversations or start your own thread/conversation. When I first joined Empty Closets I was in need of a lot of support and encouragement and I found it here…EC is a safe place. I hope that you'll find good things here too! Folks here will talk to you and share...you don't have to be afraid of asking questions...we're glad to have you! Empty Closets is all about making connections and giving LGBTQ folks a voice when they otherwise don't have one in their day-to-day lives. :old_cool:

*****In particular you may want to check out the forum that is titled "Sexual Orientation”, there are people there who may have dealt with some of the same kind of issues that could be challenging you.

Some info on how to navigate EC: :old_confused:
    When you have made at least 10 posts on various threads you will be able to post messages on a member's Profile Page. Just click on a member's Avatar Picture and then click on "Profile Page" in the dialogue box that pops up. You'll then be on their Profile Page and there will be a box that says: "Write Something" When you have been on EC for a few weeks and have made at least 50 posts on various forums, you can apply for Full Membership. A Full Member can send Private Messages (PM) to other Full Members and share personal contact info. Right now you can only send a PM to a Staff Member as that is always possible. Here is a quote from the Full Membership information forum:

*****To be eligible you must be a member of Empty Closets for a minimum of two weeks, and have a minimum of 50 posts. These posts must be across numerous forums (Fun & Games does not contribute to post count), and consistently posted across a minimum of two weeks. You wouldn't be eligible, for example, if you registered, had no activity for two weeks, and then returned to post 50 times on your 14th day of membership.

*****Well, as I said, we're very glad you found us! :old_big_grin: If you have any questions at all, you can always send me a Private Message.

…..David :gay_pride_flag:

6. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Have you thought about asking her out and dating her ?

7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey that’s a really tough one. I think perhaps you could just be honest and say that the closeness that has developed in your friendship has led you beginning to get feeling for her. You could say that you respect the fact she doesn’t feel like that about you but perhaps at least for the moment you need to set some boundaries so that your feelings don’t get out of control.

Chillton likes this.
  8. riddhi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    okay update: we have started kissing on the hands and shoulders and arms and even the forehead and cheeks. i really dont want to ruin this friendship by confessing to her, because it wont be the same if i ask for space from her. when i make jokes about her refusing to date me, she always says "well ID date you" and i really just cannot tell anymore. i also know everything she has done w me (all the physical affection and the kisses) she has never done with anyone else before.

9. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @riddhi If someone just stops being your friend just because you confessed then it's not really a friendship. Things might just be akward for a while and that's it.

It's quite obvious from your text that you both like each other.

I wouldn't touch and kiss someone I would dislike. I would rather try and stay away from them.

Just go and confess already.

Chillton likes this.
  10. LlouW

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hear! Hear! Men are definitely more direct. Why else do you think I am going crazy

Chillton and JT1999 like this.
  11. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Stop beating around the bush and kiss her already, it sounds like that's what she really wants. Someone has to make the first move!

Chillton likes this.
  12. Chillton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not trying to rain on your parade but I have let things get that blurry before and it always ends up terribly complicated and blows up in my face. Sometimes I actually liked the girl and other times I only wanted to be friends. Because their intentions came off as ambiguous, that confusion led me to doubt myself and kept me in limbo. However, they were the ones jeopardizing the friendship not me. And I should have set clear-cut boundaries myself, instead of agreeing to theirs when they had no intention of following them. So it's partly my fault walking into a one way street. From my experience when girls act like this and blur the lines, 2 outcomes occur.

1. They are afraid for any # of reasons to confess their true intentions and make commitments, (which possibly may be because they are unaware or are in self denial about it). Yet they'll still play around and share affection feinting that it's all Platonic.
    The more this goes on the more blurry the lines will get. Both of you will develop totally different view points and expectations. The complicated and confusing nature of the relationship will only ramp up the expectations and resentment when they are not met.

2. They're just using you to selfishly meet their emotional needs and wants, (whether they're bored or to occupy their time) until they find an actual relationship.Your only purpose was to give them attention and everything you thought you had together was a lie. Or you were just a practice dating dummy to them.

Regardless either way you're getting jerked around and forced to adhere to their ambiguous whims. So call the bluff and make your move, call her out and establish clear-cut boundaries, or don't entertain her shenanigans and move on. I touched on this in the last post I sent you on this thread.

#12 Chillton, Feb 29, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
    Rayland likes this.
  13. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    sounds like she likes you too and is waiting on you to make the first move

Chillton likes this.