1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mirko, Feb 28, 2017.

1. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Most women's magazines are filled with photos of other women. I think most women enjoy checking out other women. Last time I was on the beach with some straight female friends, I remember thinking they were looking at other women more than men. But there's definitely a difference between looking and wanting to touch - although I think my brain doesn't know the difference.

It's been 7 weeks and I think I am experiencing withdrawal symptoms :unamused:

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have had no appetite all week, but I feel fine.

3. Keller

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good point.

I can sort of relate to a brain not knowing the difference, but for me it’s the other way round - I just don’t get the desire to touch from looking at attractive people, but hearing an attractive voice… That’s one big turn on.

4. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Smell does it for me. If my boyfriend comes back from the gym all sweaty, depending on my frame of mind I might just pounce on him. :sweat_smile:

But the best is that bit on the side of a girl's neck where you can smell skin, lotion, perfume or whatever she puts in her hair, I just want to inhale it all. Even just a platonic hug with a friend if I catch the scent it really does it for me. :grimacing:

5. Keller

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There is something about fresh sweat, in case of guys, IIRC it was androstenol (which makes it smell good), but then oxidises into androstenone (which smells bad). With girls it had something to do with levels of estradiol and progesterone- the more of the former and less of the latter, the more attractive the smell. But honestly, it feels like there must be something more to it, than just biochemistry.
    That can surely be a sublime experience. I remember one such smell, of one special somebody, whose smell invariably made me dizzy and blissful.
    Sadly my sense of smell still hasn’t completely recovered since Covid - and it’s annoying :sweat_smile:

6. Violet Rain

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Tons of stuff on my mind this fine Monday.

My therapist suggested couple's therapy for myself and Spouse. She thinks it would be a good idea because although I've adjusted to finding genders other than men sexually attractive, Spouse may still have some qualms and be hesitant about things, despite saying they are okay with this and fully embrace it.

Schools have reopened and I'm still adjusting to those early mornings with our child. If it wasn't for caffeine, I wouldn't be able to function before 10 AM.

Another day, another paid digital art commission, this time for a blanket ad for a book site. More money for fonts and graphics. I'm happy. :smile_cat:

My abusive/hateful, bigoted, racist and horrible younger sibling has moved out of the province, across the country. It's nice knowing they're out there, that way there is no chance of me running into them anywhere here, unless they come back for a visit and then I'll be in hiding until I know they're on a plane back to their new home.

Finally, nothing like having ideas bouncing around the brain all weekend for the manuscripts, and then going "what are words?" when you open your word processor. Le sigh.

7. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is he interested and shy? Or just bored? UGH

8. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My date went well. :relieved:

9. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    9:30 is too early for university to start. Should've tried to fix my sleep schedule.

10. Loves books

Im thinking about how my mother was talking about a few of her friends on Facebook who are anti vaxxers and believe other crazy stuff and I was relieved to find she thinks they’re crazy too. I thought she was normal until she started talking about essential oils being able to cure anything. The only thing essential oils do is smell good I don’t believe any certain oil can fix health issues. Unless it really is mind over matter. If you believe it will help, it will?

11. Violet Rain

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hurricane Lee is on its way to Atlantic Canada. We're battening down the hatches, preparing for a power outage, and I'm praying the wind isn't going to be too bad, although we may see some flooding due to the ground being overly saturated from the ultra wet summer we've had as it is... Rain, again. Good grief. Here's hoping the power stays *on* and no one dies or loses their house, roof, etc. in this mess. Some places are still cleaning up from Fiona last year, and some are still not fully back to rights from Dorian in 2019.

I abhor hurricane season.

In other news, I finished the commission and got paid for it about an hour ago. I'm happy about that.

12. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hope you all stay safe out there.

13. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm thinking about one of the older pictures of me in my computer files. I've changed a ton. It's weird to think back to the old me. My hair were long then, now I feel dysphoric, if they get a little bit longer, than I would like, so then I will cut them shorter right away and sometimes I mess up and the cut is uneven. I don't wanna spend money on haircut, but sometimes I do go and let the professional handle it.

14. Loves books

I think the vape pen is a great invention to help people stop smoking. But my mother is addicted to hers, because she’s been addicted to nicotine most of her life, and it sounds like Darth Vader is roaming the house whenever she uses it. Which is most of the time.

15. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First 1st date in 6 years :mask:

I have normal boundaries and have the basic "don't do/say that on a date" common sense. So besides that, can't be too *whatever* for the right person.

16. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good luck! :blush:

17. Violet Rain

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you! We did. We lost power for a few days but we're safe and sound. We have a small generator and ran that once we got it cleaned up and fixed, thanks to help from my cousin. My spouse taught me how to use it so we can have electricity for the fridge and charging my phone and my son's smaller electronics while Spouse is working. I'm exhausted from not sleeping, happy to be back online, and happy to be cooking again. Hot food tastes so good after not being able to cook for a few days. I'm making pork chops, mashed potatoes, and lots of veggies tonight.

Hurricane Lee knocked down a lot of trees, a few power poles, and there was flooding at our favorite beach during high tide. The storm surge was really bad, and high tide along the Bay of Fundy was a nightmare from what I've heard. It has the highest tides in the world, and went even higher during the height of the storm.

A huge thank you to our provincial power company and everyone who came from other provinces or the US to help us get our power restored ASAP. It's greatly appreciated. They did the best with our outdated, cobbled together, jury-rigged power grid that should have been replaced 50 years ago, and did a great job at getting things put back together in some fashion.

I hope that's it for hurricanes and tropical storms hitting us for the rest of the season.

I hate this time of year, due to the hurricanes for the record. Good grief.

18. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am so glad that you all are safe and got the power restored too. I know the feeling of how good hot food tastes after a while and i bet the dinner tastes really good and it sounds good too. Thank you for the update.

19. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was quite surprised to find two invitations to interviews when I woke up this morning! Looks like I'm going to be busy.

20. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck.