1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Constantly doubting my gender identity

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Victoria J, Jun 26, 2023.

1. Victoria J

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone :wave:

I am 34 years old and assigned male at birth and I have been identifying as female since 2021 when I came out as trans woman after a period of 4 years identifying as nonbinary. I now have a female name and identity and my gender expression is female. I am currently in the process of being approved for hormone therapy and I am attending counseling once every other month or so (which isn't a lot I know).

My issue is that I am constantly doubting who I really am. I have this deep felt emptiness regarding my identity and maybe this is because I have Asperger syndrome. Besides this, I have been suffering from severe OCD for decades which makes me doubt everything in life and I suffer from moderate depression as well. I am seeing a therapist for this.

The thing is. I am not sure about anything anymore. I even started to express my gender identity as cis male on some days and female on others. I am constantly doubting myself and my identity and nothing seems like the right thing even though I usually feel slightly better as female. It doesn't help that I don't really see any friends anymore because of my OCD and depression which totally side tracked my life :confused: I am quite isolated besides talking to my mom quite often. But I live in a big city and sometimes I walk outside with a female appearance and other times a male appearance. Sometimes I panic and go back because what I wear feels wrong. And also, I never had a relationship but I somehow know I will have difficulties being intimate with another person as male and female seems more right in regard to that.

I am unsure if the reason for my doubts are mainly that I fear I will not look well as a female or if I am in fact not transgender at all. I have been reaching out to the local LGBTQ+ communities for advice but nothing makes it any clearer to me.

Do you guys have any advice for someone with these issues?

Thanks in advance and thanks for reading my block of text :kissing_closed_eyes:

Keller likes this.
  2. luminousecho

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello Victoria,

I'm genderfluid, and prefer dressing as a man, but with distinctly feminine touches. Have you ever thought of dressing mainly in unisex clothing, when you're feeling doubtful or in a panic? Like a safe zone you could establish for these moments when you don't want to think about identity? I like to wear men's bracelets, and necklaces, but they tend to be thinner ones, and feel more feminine than chunky ones. A simple, mid-sized unisex watch and some CK one, also helps. (You could always wear chunkier, more masculine women's jewellery if it helps?!)

I can totally relate to you saying you "will have difficulties being intimate with another person as male and female seems more right in regard to that." I literally couldn't be intimate with women, until I understood myself more. I tried, with girlfriends, especially as a young man, but felt nothing. It was very depressing and confusing. To me, it's simply about being more like a woman than a man in intimate situations. More loving, more honest, more open, with more eye contact, more touching, more tenderness, to enjoy giving as much (in fact more) as receiving.

Anyway, I won't go on... I'm here if you want to chat more and I hope that you're having a nice day.

Victoria J likes this.
  3. Victoria J

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi luminousecho.

First off all. Thanks so much for your comprehensive and insightful reply :blush:

Wow I totally get it. I mean how you identify. In fact, that is exactly how I used to dress before dressing completely in an all-feminine way. Maybe you are actually right that this could be the right way for me to identify and look when I am doubting it so much. Maybe I went too far to the feminine side because I wanted to be "binary" perhaps. I am not exactly sure. But I do know that I am comfortable wearing what you describe. Do you think that maybe I am genderfluid like you? It is certainly possible.

I even regret changing my name sometimes. Maybe I will change it back within too long :dizzy_face:

Regarding intimate situations. Well I don't really have any actual experience but I believe I feel the same as you regarding it as well.

Thanks for your insights. It really makes sense :blush:

Have a nice day! :hugging:

luminousecho likes this.
  4. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi Victoria, I haven't responded to your message until now partly because it appears you have a lot going on - Aspergers, OCD, depression and being trans. I know little about the first two but I don't doubt that there they probably play some part in what you are feeling.

One thing that I felt reading your original post is that you really need a friend or friends who can understand all this in the round. If I may ask - why does the OCD preclude you from seeing friends any more?

Hope you can navigate a way through all of this.

Hugs, Beth x

Rayland and Victoria J like this.
  5. luminousecho

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello Victoria,

You're more than welcome. It certainly sounds like you are fluid at times, so it is probably a good idea to look more into gender fluidity and find places where you can talk more about it with people who are experiencing the same feelings. I believe that it doesn't have to be binary identities you can switch between, but also between binary and none-binary.

It turns out I'm not actually genderfluid! I thought that's what I was, as it seemed to fit. However, someone explained recently that it appeared more as though I'd always had this gender identity, I was just in denial about it beforehand. I didn't realize this until very recently, again it is well worth continuing to explore and understand yourself more. I'm still not sure what I am, yet, but get closer the more I look into it. I've decided to start seeing a counsellor, about it all, and am booked to start next week.

If you feel comfortable dressing unisex, then it's probably a good fit for you. Perhaps you just need to find a safe place to experiment and build confidence from? I believe it is quite common to dress that way during the day and put on a show when out on the town. It is a huge step to go from binary male to binary female, full-time, so I'm not surprised you have found it a struggle at times! You have been very brave.

Do you socialize with other LGBT+ people? If not, it may be a very good idea for you to search out groups in your area that you can attend.

Whatever you are, it sounds as though (like me) you were deeply uncomfortable with a binary male identity. If I were you, when in doubt, I'd recommend looking back and asking yourself if you really want to ever go back to that? I used to suffer terrible social anxiety, trying to be something I wasn't ever going to be (masculine), and I don't regret turning my back on it at all, it's the best thing ever to happen to me! (You could always go for the more gender-neutral "Vic").

I hope you are having a nice day, too, anyway. And, as I care for someone 24/7, I'm usually around if you want to reply.

Victoria J likes this.
  6. staticinmyattic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi Victoria. I'm a closeted transwoman also in my 30's as well. Please be patient and easy on yourself. 3 decades is a long time to spend playing a gender role, and whether it's who you really are or not, you can't just turn that off all at once. I'm sorry that you've had difficult emotional responses to gender presentation. Listen to those responses because they can teach you about what you need, but don't judge yourself for them. You're doing great at something very difficult.

Victoria J likes this.
  7. Victoria J

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Beth

Thanks for your reply. That is totally OK and I know it was a lot with all the diagnoses and stuff. My life seems like a total mess to be honest and I actually have a hard time finding my way around it all myself.

But you are so right. It makes it all worse and more unclear because I am quite isolated. Without social interactions it is harder to determine what is right. The reason the OCD has ruined my social life quite a bit along with the depression is that it simply has taken up all my time and energy. All those ritualistic behaviors and habits and all the energy it consumes. My OCD used to take up many hours of my life each day. And it is still an issue with rumination etc. making all my appointments a challenge. It makes it hard to be in the moment. Along with that the depression simply made me very apathetic and it all ended up with me cancelling everything and avoiding appointments. I guess my (few) friends finally lost their patience at last as it is too complicated to be around me (which is totally understandable). And it is not easy starting over with a new circle of friends or reconnect with past friends :neutral_face:

Well what you suggested really makes sense. I guess I have been caught up trying to fit in some category. It sounds great that you are getting more insights about your own identity and you are open to getting more into it. Could it be that you are maybe bi-gender?

Well in fact I will attend a counseling group for trangender people in my area this Thursday so I hope that will help me get back to connecting with others. And I look forward to hearing how others experience identifying as transgender which I have been doing since 2021 without talking to others in the LGBT+ community.:blush:

I totally get what you mean when it comes to fitting in that "male" category. I always felt something was quite wrong and that I didn't really fit into it. However, I am not that sure if I REALLY hate being male or if there is a risk that I gave up on it because I "failed" at it because of my OCD/depression/introvert personality :thinking: And now I begin to realize that it did not help to change my gender because I didn't solve the true underlying problem. That is what I fear at least. Because I feel just as "disabled" being female and it didn't really make me happy after all. In your case it really did change a lot addressing your gender identity right? Sometimes I do feel like going back to being male. It is like it has something to offer but there are other aspects of it I don't like at all. I know this sounds confusing but I hope you understand what I mean :slight_smile:

Hi and thanks for the cheer up :kissing_closed_eyes: Yeah you are right. It really is a drastic change with all this happening in your 30's. Like all the memories we carry along not to mention what we were used to and maybe giving up what we initially though was the right thing. It is brutal sometimes IMO. For me, the doubt is the worst. Like I walk in some fog unable to see the truth clearly. I guess I have been quite hard on myself. I am not always treating myself very nicely. Regarding the responses I have a feeling I find it additionally challenging because of my Aspergers making my identity less pronounced. I don't have a clear image of who I am and sometimes it is very frustrating.

But thanks for cheering me up a bit :blush:

luminousecho likes this.
  8. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think this is the nub of the matter. We are not trans people in a vacuum. We are part of society. When I first came out it was during lockdown in 2020. There were days and days, sometimes a week or so when I wouldn't see anyone. I wouldn't hear my name being spoken. There was no-one to bear witness to how I was changing inside. And there were times when because of that I doubted myself - 'is this really for real?'

I needed affirmation, particularly from female friends. On the occasions when I did meet up with them, my heart leapt with joy. I felt seen and accepted; one of the girls (which is all I've ever wanted to be). And, crucially, I knew I was on the right track.

I would persist with old friends - if they truly are friends then they will understand. And the counselling group for LGTBQ+ people sounds a good idea and a possible new support network..

Good luck!

Beth x

Saskia96 and Rayland like this.
  9. luminousecho

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Victoria,

Yes, I get a sense of where you are coming from, though I can't truly imagine how challenging it must be to have to deal with this internal war whilst also having to manage aspergers and OCD! I know how important routines are for people with aspergers, is that something you struggle with? I imagine it must be very difficult to establish routines for everything, with so much turmoil going on. I really hope that you start to find helpful answers soon.

I'm glad to hear that you've taken the step of attending the counselling session tomorrow. I'm sure it will be very helpful for you to meet with other trans people and receive some professional support. Is it local? Are you looking forward to it? I hope that you let us know how you got on... Have you ever contacted any supportive LGBT+ charities about your feelings?

You said that intimately you didn't feel happy as a man. I know I certainly use that as the core foundation on which I base the acceptance of my being different. I guess I think: "if it's there right down to my most primitive instincts, it's who I truly am?" I need to see things back-to-front, to see the lady driving and me as passenger (not just in the bedroom, but in a relationship too), from there everything soon started to open up to me! And yes, it was an amazing experience... It was truly life-changing and even if I died tomorrow, I'd leave feeling a sense of inner peace and self-acceptance that was truly alien to me beforehand.

I do need to look into bi-gender (as well as androgynous/demi-androgynous). I've actually ordered a book on gender identity, too ("You and Your Gender Identity" by Dara Hoxman-Fox), so am hoping, along with counselling, to get a better idea.

Anyway, I'll leave it there. I'm a bit like you in that I've dealt with this alone for 18 months, it is nice to be able to talk to someone finally about it! You're always welcome to chat to me here if you want to.

10. Victoria J

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It totally makes sense that isolation makes it harder to see it clearly. But now I think of it.. I didn't really get any more sure of who I was when seeing friends and meeting new people. And I feel quite the opposite of what you are experiencing when you are among other girls. For me that makes me feel worse about myself. I don't really feel like one of the girls. I feel something is wrong but that could be because I don't feel as feminine as I perceive them to be and therefore I feel "insufficient". Does that make sense? I always feel better among the boys because I feel somehow more feminine among them. Or maybe I just feel more in balance somehow. It is complicated! :disappointed_relieved:

So today I visited the local LGBTQ+ community for the first time and I liked the atmosphere and met some very nice people. But I still change between cis male and female on a day to day basis. It's like nothing feels "right". I also tried to get in contact with an old friend but haven't succeeded yet. But I am working on improving my social life.

Thanks for sharing your own story of finding your true identity and it is nice to hear that you are now who you really want to be :blush:

You are right. Routines are important and I am get easily overwhelmed if too busy or something comes up. And I moved to a new place a year ago and still haven't recovered from it! :dizzy_face: But the worst thing about it is that feeling of not really knowing who I am or want to be. It's like I am some kind of robot :expressionless: And also Aspergers doesn't go well with OCD especially. They kind of mix up in some quagmire of chaos!

I failed at attending the meeting for trans people because of failed planning on my side. I scheduled too much on one day which is another hard thing to handle for me. However, I visited the LGBTQ+ community house today instead and had a talk. I already met some nice people there :blush: But yeah I still don't feel like I know what is right for me anymore unfortunately. And yes I have already had several counseling sessions with LGBTQ+ charities on the phone and even in person. But it didn't help me that much in getting to know what is right. Nothing really seems to change my constant doubts. :disappointed_relieved:

I love how you describe your approach to intimacy. I kind of feel the same, I don't like the traditional "offensive" sexual role I can be expected to play. But regarding sexuality I also feel that something could be affecting me. Sometimes I am unsure if I actually have a fetish towards being female and some aspects of that. I know it is a part of my sexual identity so to say. But as I never had an intimate relationship I am unsure of that as well :disappointed_relieved:

I am happy to hear that you are diving more into the interesting subject of gender identity. I definitely found that to be very interesting back when I came out as nonbinary. There is so much to investigate :grinning: But yes I think it is possible that you are androgynous/demi-androgynous. And also remember that it is OK to use the term that you personally find to be the most fitting. Everyone is unique :blush: Also, counseling is great. I am considering contacting a therapist I was recommended for gender issues but unsure if I have the money for it atm :grin:

11. luminousecho

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

Hi Victoria,

It's nice to hear from you. I'm sorry to hear you didn't manage to make the trans meeting, but it's good you still went to the LGBT+ community house. What sort of place is it? Do they have somewhere to grab a coffee and chat to people? Do you think you'll start going there more?

I do understand how difficult it must be for you to accept yourself. You've taken a big (and very brave) step, it must be a constant battle for you to try and justify it, both to yourself and to the outside world. At the very least, though, you haven't made the decision lightly, have you? You genuinely have issues with your identity as a cis male.

It may be healthier to shift focus from your male/female thoughts (many women also struggle to live up to the brainwashed images of perfect women--in that respect you have much in common with the majority of women!) and perhaps do some focused therapy (either by yourself or with a therapist) on your qualities as a person instead? Most of these qualities are universal, between genders, so surely building a strong foundation, from which to build the rest on, makes sense?

As I said, I could never achieve intimacy with women. Sometimes, when I was younger, with girlfriends, we tried for hours and at no point did I feel anything. In private, also, it wasn't possible for me--I just, without thinking of it, pictured them (the women I fancied) with other men. I didn't know how to process it so that I could see myself with them.

I later found out I'm submissive, couldn't translate it so I was the man, and once I realized this I started seeing myself with women always. It was difficult to grasp as most of that is shown in a fetishized way. I'm not attracted to BDSM in the slightest. To me it's simply about the role, being the passenger, rather than the driver. That is how I know deep down to the core I'm never going to be 100% cis male. It was never there for me. I think accepting this was the most important step I took, from there everything else has been relatively easy (I later accepted I was bisexual, without a second thought).

Anyway, I'd better leave it there. Take care of yourself. I hope that you're feeling okay and have a nice weekend!

Victoria J likes this.
  12. Victoria J

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi again luminousecho.

I am truly sorry for my late reply! I've had quite a difficult period to be honest. And for that reason I haven't been checking up on my messages on forums etc.!

But I also came a bit closer to the truth I believe. You see, due to my Aspergers I've never had much success in my lovelife and I am not too good at having relationships I believe. I feel like maybe my femininity is a way for me to handle this insecurity and somehow become what I desire (since know I am into women). Instead of having a relationship I simply follow my own ideals of a woman. Does that make sense? But I am not totally sure.

I also somehow feel like there is a sexual aspect to it. But on the other hand I know it is okay to enjoy ones own sexuality and that this is connected to ones identity. So complicated! Like you, I am submissive. But I don't enjoy being submissive as a male person.. Only as female! So weird I know.

Ok.. Let me tell you a secret. As a woman I enjoy the thought of having my bare feet tickled "against my will". I like wearing wedge sandals and being barefoot in the park etc. for this very reason. It is my secret obsession! But that is not at all enjoyable for me if I don't have a feminine appearance. Does that make sense? I know it may sound a bit weird :sweat_smile:

The feeling you have of not being a total cis male is relatable though. I will never be that "typical" cis male type of person. Can I ask you if that makes it harder for you to find a relationship? For me it certainly doesn't make it easier.

13. luminousecho

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Victoria! I wondered what had happened! Don't worry about it, I know what you mean in not feeling in the mood for forums and social media etc. I don't always feel like discussing identity, either, as it can be demanding.

I think it sounds like the most natural thing in the world for you to feel like you do. You aren't attracted to men and you're submissive, so in your mind... you cannot see yourself as a man? (We're brainwashed from birth into thinking women are submissive to men, so you have to see yourself as a woman in order for your sexuality to switch on?)

It seems you're happier as a woman, yet still not comfortable. Have you thought of focusing on your fitness? On cardio and stretching? What I mean is that fit/slimmer men and women have similar bodies. It may be you'd feel more comfortable being in that in-between zone (but on the female side) physically?

Have you managed to find your niche yet? If not it is well worth looking through the many types of submissive, it helps you to understand yourself more and relax in who you are. I think most sub missives like feet in some way or another. Being at someone's feet is one of the most common symbols of being subordinate. Again, it's not weird, it's normal for submissives, I think. I think normally the man tends to the ladies feet... So, for you, that means the dominant lady tending to your feet, yet... As you're a sub, it has to be an act of humiliation, not deference?

I found it much easier to be myself once I accepted I was different. I found it impossible to chat up women, when I was trying as a man: my voice would shake, I'd stammer and fluster. I'm pretty relaxed around most women now. So, I would say I found it much easier once I accepted myself.

14. Victoria J

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Lumi.

Thanks again for your valuable insights. You are very wise when it comes to theses matters and wow.. they are complicated IMO. And demanding to discuss I agree. It's like I only have a certain amount of energy I can use for thinking about gender issues!

I guess I was a bit brainwashed into thinking I have to conform more or less with one gender. But yeah.. I am just me after all :kissing_closed_eyes: Well I will be attending a fitness course the coming week which is for people with issues like depression, Asperger etc. just like me. And I was inspired by your suggestion to sign up for it. So thanks for the suggestion :bow: My body is quite feminine one could say. I don't really aim for the masculine appearance but instead I like to be slender and fit. So I will keep that in mind when attending the fitness course. As you say I like to be on the female side physically :slight_smile:

By the way.. This is what I look like:
    https://forum.emptyclosets.com/index.php?media/summer-portrait.28140/

And if I found my niche? Well my niche is tickle torture I guess. You know I have this fantasy of having my feet tickled while being restrained and I hope I will have the possibility of actually trying it later on :innocent: Maybe I will regret it haha!! But I am not good at dating or relationships so maybe that won't be too easy actually experiencing it irl :disappointed_relieved: But you are spot on with your description of it. I like to have my feet tended. And since I am submissive I like to have my feet tended as an act of humiliation (tickling). That's exactly the case!

I am happy to hear that you are now more comfortable with yourself now that you accepted who you really are. I am sure you are now much more confident as well in regard to dating and relationships? So how do you approach it now that you are into women and the world is still quite "traditional" in many ways regarding expectations and roles etc.? Is it hard sometimes or are you able to navigate through it all? I know it is possible meeting the right people out there but since I am quite introverted I haven't had much experience tbh. So it is quite fascinating to me when someone is able to succeed and I would love a piece of advice :sweat_smile:

Once again I want to thank you for sharing your insights on this complicated issue.

15. luminousecho

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    lol I wouldn't say I was wise! I think it's just easier to see it from the outside, perhaps, looking in, than the other way around. I did find that sorting out my social anxiety helped a lot, especially in relaxing enough to understand everything more clearly when I was around people.

Well, it's great that you're attending a fitness course, good for you! I think that exercise is a very good way to build good foundations from. It's something you don't need to give much thought too, but can constantly distract yourself with some mentally undemanding planning ahead. It also lets you get closer to your dream physique with each session (not matter how little). I think the important thing is to just enjoy it, not push it, but to take your time and let it become a part of your daily life. Anything torturous will soon become too much hassle!

I'm sorry, I wasn't able to access the photo it says I don't have permission to view media. It's okay, though, I'm honestly just here to message on the forums, one thing I like is the anonymity and if people start sharing their photos it loses that a little.

lol I'm not sure that tickle torture is a niche! I'm not well up on BDSM, but it will be part of a niche and you'll get a much better understanding of yourself (and feel far more confident in who you are) if you find the right niche and read up about it. It will also help you to start opening up to your true nature, start thinking about different people in that way.

I wouldn't say I "approach" it in any way, really... It's not really like that. It's more a feeling, a vibe I have about myself... More like when I accepted it, I stopped fighting to be something I wasn't and just relaxed about who I actually was. I can just chill and enjoy time with a woman, now, it's just so much nicer being around women when you're not trying to impress them as a guy... I just go with the flow, now, and... I guess... Before I'd pay her nervous compliments... Move on... Try to think of something cool to say, try to be like Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise, nervously make lame jokes... Now, I can just get lost in her, it's similar, but much sweeter and gentler, like saying her hair looks nice, but... whereas before I'd look around nervously, then blabber out the first thing that came into my head... It's natural? Like I'd just take the time to look at her hair properly, maybe ask if I can touch it if it's going well, look into her eyes and smile and she'd smile, then just relax and chat about the food or drink... Ask about her kids, her life... It's just natural conversation, now.

I think, also, I do look up things to chat about before dates, but I'm relaxed about stuff like that now. It's more a case of to remind myself in case she is nervous too, remember some basics to chat about, to ease any nervous tension, whereas before it was out of desperation? To have something to say? And I'd be desparatley running through the list of topics blurting them out one after the other... I do think you should just do that, learn a few basic conversation starters, then relax and not worry about dating. I mean it's honestly no different to chatting to someone in any other situation. It doesn't have to end in romance, so long as it's a nice and pleasant time, it's good experience. One thing I learned, try not to sit directly opposite one another, but to the side a little, so you both have some space, especially on the first date. Try to go somewhere, also, where there's plenty of external stuff going on to chat about (such as a walk in a park or the shops, first, before a sandwich and coffee etc.)

I think the main feeling was just feeling confident in who I am. I have a woman's wallet, that looks unisex but helps me remember always I don't have to be a guy anymore. Same with bracelets, fragrances, a white phone instead of a black one, just little things. Nothing obvious, but to me it matters a great deal. I no longer have to impress anyone with how masculine I am? I can just be myself and forget about gender completely.

Anyway, I'd better stop now! I hope you enjoy your exercise course and look forward to hearing how it went.

Victoria J likes this.
  16. Victoria J

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow I finally managed to reply. I believe my account is bugged because most of the time I am not even able to log in!
    Thanks for your advice once again. Much appreciated :blush:

So as I see it it is all about relaxing and being in the now while being yourself and just ditching all the pretending to be something you are not. Honestly I believe I got caught up in trying to be the perfect "female" type of person. It all ended up being wrong in a different way of sorts. I totally admire that you are now able to just enjoy being yourself while on a date! I hope I will be able to do that. Honestly I find the socializing part to be a huge challenge because of my Asperger. I always kind of sucked at that. But maybe I should just accept that :confused: And do it anyway and be awkward lol. I think that is the reason I never had a relationship. I don't even know how to begin :dizzy_face: But I will try to train myself a bit and practice just being whoever I happen to be :kissing_closed_eyes: Maybe we all learn some kind of codex when we are teens and how we have to act in some stereotypical way to fit in. I never understood that game :dizzy_face:

I learned a lot from your explanation. Today I shaved my legs and I am definitely gonna wear that anklet again and possibly even my nail polish and makeup. Just because I feel comfortable wearing it :lipstick:

Regarding the niche. Well to be honest I have already asked the local BDSM community whether they ever practice tickling :innocent: And it's not something they know of. So I feel quite alone regarding my preference :expressionless:

But that said I do feel kind of hopeful regarding the future. Your insights totally helped me so thanks a lot!! :clap:

17. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't fully properly read through everything yet, but I did have a few thoughts while reading, so I will write it down before I forget.

One thing with OCD is that it takes over your mind and keep you in this constant loop of doubting, without being able to relax. In this regard it's to best contact with an OCD specialist and start taking medication, because from what I read is that the current therapy haven't been working for you.

I pretty much still have some doubts in my mind, but I know once I'm on hormones everything will become clearer. Things that are confirmation to me is that I also feel just wrong, but in feminine attire. Other thing is dysphoria. I think all of my experiences so far can't be a lie. I wouldn't get panic attacks just thinking about being in female body for the rest of my life or because of my voice being feminine.

I won't rule out that there is sexuality involved as well, but this is all part of who I am. I just go with the flow and what makes me the happiest.

Victoria J likes this.
  18. luminousecho

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No worries Victoria, I'm happy to hear that my advice helped you! And yes, there is something wrong with the site I think, I've struggled to log in and just got logged out when I tried to respond.

Yes, absolutley. It's a very very subtle change in my thinking... More just a sense that I don't need to be a man, more than trying to be anything else. It just causes me to relax totally.

I think you're right to say you just need to accept it and talk to people anyway. I do still get social anxiety, but in the past I'd be terrified what people think of me I don't care in the slightest anymore. I mean... You see people like that (with minor speech impediments) all the time and don't think twice yourself. It's the panicking and flustering (about looking weird) that causes people to feel awkward, not the difficulty speaking in itself. I do still have wobbles, but just continue without any stress about it. I find that explaining I suffer social anxiety helps take the pressure off a bit.

I do think you should research different flavours of BDSM and submission. The tickling itself doesn't sound like a niche, more an aspect of your niche. It sounds like humiliation is your thing, so perhaps look into which submissives go for humiliation? I mean, would you like being ordered to wear something embaressing in public as a punishment? (Or even a reward!)

I find it helps so much, having a good grasp of your sexuality. It opened everything up to me and I started fancying many more people, it's like I finally felt natural, instead of like an alien, if that makes sense. I only ever fancied perfect-looking, younger, athletic women, I now really like full figured women. They drive me crazy if I'm honest. I met a lady who was ten years my senior, was very full figured and had 8 children! Her confidence, experience... her lust for life... I melted totally for her, was like overnight putty in her hands. (She was happily married and lived abroad, though, so nothing came of it.) I couldn't even concieve of women like that being attractive until I understood myself, understood myself better. Researching and understanding what makes you tick, will open doors in your soul that have been straining for years, decades even, to burst open. It was an amazing and deeply profound experience, and everything came from that awakening.

#18 luminousecho, Aug 18, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2023
    Victoria J likes this.
  19. Victoria J

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Rayland.

Thanks for your thoughts in regard to the psychological issues interfering with gender identity. I am totally sure you are right because I figured out that the exact same mechanisms are present in regard to my doubts about identity as with everything else in my life. Choosing furniture, career, even place to live. A whole lot in my life is affected by pathological doubts. I am currently about to switch to a new type of medication which should alleviate symptoms of my Asper x OCD "cocktail".

I know you are right about the hormones and I am happy to hear you are feeling more confident in yourself and your path as you move along it. And it surely isn't a lie what we feel about our genuine self and the considerations that goes with it.

Keep going with your flow and thanks for your personal insights.:hugging:

Hi again Lumi.

I totally love your explanation of how you evolved by accepting yourself fully and how this makes you capable of having genuine and strong feelings towards others. This really proves that we need to love ourselves in order to love others. I don't think I have ever been in love and maybe that is the reason.:frowning: but I know it is possible. I am gradually learning to accept my journey more instead of trying to achieve the final result right away. I will definitely change my name once again because my male name is not the right thing for me. But I will make time for considerations in regard to that and that is totally fine I guess :blush: I feel much more like myself now I am back to wearing makeup, female clothing etc.

In regard to BDSM. I believe tickling is an actual niche for me. I have always been obsessed by it since I was very small. I always fantasize about it and I have an entire lore about how I am forced to have my bare feet tickled on a regular basis! Which evolved over the years since many years ago :blush: Even my choice of shoes, anklets etc. is linked to my tickling fetish (which is called knismolagnia). My sexuality has always been centered around tickling and I have been a member of numerous tickling communities online. Nothing else in the BDSM community seems to interest me besides the bondage related to the tickling itself. BUT I never tried anything related to it IRL because I am quite a shy person.:confused:

Speaking of that I need to get better at just being in the now while meeting new people. Maybe I sound weird etc. but so be it. But sometimes I just don't have the courage. :cold_sweat:

20. luminousecho

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I do feel sorry for you Victoria! I "suffered" shyness (or rather social anxiety) for many years, decades even, my entire teen and adult life until recent years. I don't know how to put it... It's something you need to embrace, instead of fear. It's pretty much the same as coming out, except you're coming out to yourself as a shy person... I was in denial about it, trying to be "normal" all those years. It's only when I truly accepted it I started to actually get back to being my "normal" self.

I was shy as a kid too. It's who I am... I think shyness is fine and attractive to many people. It's when it becomes social anxiety that people find it offputting. I found there was the real me, tied up in all these suffocating knots of social anxiety and it wasn't the way I looked or my shyness that was offputting, but simply the flustered panicking state the social anxiety caused.

Anyway, it's great that you have a good understanding of your BDSM side. I'm the same in that I don't find 99% of it attractive, which made it very difficult to understand (most of it is about whipping, restraints and punishments).

I do think, also, if you're serious about experiencing this side to you, then you need to start relaxing in who you are? It sounds like you're hoping to attract someone who is nice, but also playfully dominant. All I can say is, you'll likely attract far more suitable romantic partners if you're happily sweet and shy, than if you somehow manage to appear confident anyway.

Victoria J likes this.