Question for people who have sex with women

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by AnxiousReader, Jun 30, 2023.

1. AnxiousReader

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I’m not sexually active right now but I’ve heard really conflicting information on what to do when it comes to protection when it comes to having sex with women in terms of stds and things of that nature. Do I need to buy protection if I’m going to have oral with a woman? What is the expectation of what I should have on me if I plan to have sex with a woman? Do I need to bring a dental dam? Or something else? How do you even wear something like that? I’m just trying to figure out what the socially accepted norm is.

#1 AnxiousReader, Jun 30, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2023
  2. Vikki

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think I asked something similar in a thread. I have no idea but just what I have found out...

I have heard of dental dams but from what I have learnt, they aren't really used. I think it's personal preference but that could apply to anyone regardless of orientation etc.

I will come down to what you feel is best.

I get the impression that when you meet someone, you will know what to do... go with the flow...and pick up on the vibe etc .. like any date I guess.
    That's what I would like to believe.

Again from what I have learnt, communication plays a big part.
    Do what is best for yourself and most comfortable.

It's probably not very helpful advice.

AnxiousReader likes this.
  3. Wanderlost

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Disclosure about having an STD should be common practice, and asking someone before sex is a responsible thing to do, even necessary if there has been no disclosure. There is still the risk that the person isn't aware yet, or that they are not telling the truth out of shame or something idiotic like that. So do what you feel you must to feel safe and secure, even if it seems weird or "not necessary." Casual encounters, (hookups) are always a bit risky. Obviously if it's someone you are getting to know over time in order to date, then that discussion would/should have already occurred before sex. Still, horrible people do exist, the idea is that you manage to recognize and discard those types before they end up in the bedroom.

Kyrielles and AnxiousReader like this.