1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scared of parents

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by GayRoachGal, Jun 8, 2023.

1. GayRoachGal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    m sobbing, my drama teacher was asking if he could touch base with home about my coming out monologue, i told him that i didn’t feel super comfortable with that but i do have networks it case shit( didnt use this language) hits the fan and most people know anyways at school, so he asked if they were a bit iffy(parents) with it and i said yeah, they know and they dont care but they don’t like talking about it and he was like, “ok, no worries, well good job, just keep thinking about how you want to set it up”.
    i told him a didnt feel comfortable him contacting home but at lunch he said he still might need to :< hes told my homeroom teacher. Ive mentioned that my parents are conservative and dont like talking about it but im going to be showing my aunt my monologue after school hopefully. im just really scared about whats going to happen, he said he wants to support me but i dont feel supported about teachers dobbing on me to my parents, i wish i could contact my drag queen cousin for support right now…. sadly i cannot.

2. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wait why does your teacher want to contact your parents about this? Can you explain a bit more so we get a bigger picture?

3. GayRoachGal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    because its apparently a "sensitive" topic which may have repercussions

4. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Seems to me like they see it as necessary, so that you could have more support. Of course I don't know overall attitude in your school, but from your story seems like people there are supportive towards you.

What do they mean with having repercussions? I feel like maybe they mean having an effect on your mental health and grades overall and why they wish to discuss about it, so they could offer you more support?

And they did ask you about how your parents feel about it, so it just seems to me it's not being about being malicious or having bad consequences.

I would say take a deep breath and go with the flow. It may end up being a good thing.