1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I making a mountain out of a molehill?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Revan, Mar 3, 2023.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks so much, I'll admit I'm maybe horrible with communication. Like I do express myself but also have some past trauma that I think has kind of impacted my ability to be more open about things. Without trying to come off rude about her, a lot does have to do with my mother. I'm seeing a counsellor about it, but a fair amount is due to said relationship. Long periods of silence, at one point almost disowning me due to sexuality, etc I think I've kind of brought into my life. So when I don't hear from my partner right away (by text) for example...my mind overthinks and thinks I've said something wrong. (I have told him about the texting aspect please note, and he asked if he should text me more but I said no cause I didn't feel like putting that sort of pressure on him). Meanwhile he'll call me out of the blue to tell me something funny he feels can't be said by text, expresses his love, gift me croissants as I mentioned, etc. Pretty much he tells me things, I need to get better at telling him things.

2. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry your mother caused those problems which is relatable and common since parents rarely model healthy communication as they never learned themselves. That's sweet about calling you with something he wanted to share and yes, sounds good to do that more with him. You'll be fine and glad you have a sweet guy you lucky Canadians! :slight_smile:

#22 mnguy, May 15, 2023
    Last edited: May 15, 2023
  3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hehe thanks. Yeah was so out of the blue. He also often sends me photos he knows I'd like (example he was out at a mall while abroad and sent me a photo of some Harry Potter and Marvel Legos just cause he knows I love both franchises). I know he's not buying them cause lord knows Lego is WAY too ridiculously expensive now. But still that he's out and about and sent me the photo of something he knew I'd enjoy again is just sweet. :slight_smile:

mnguy likes this.