1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for bisexuals

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Laine7008, Dec 13, 2022.

1. Laine7008

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have a question for people who see themselves as more bisexual than gay.

Something I have noticed is that I’m not as picky when it comes to being attracted to men, what I mean by that is I guess it’s more often that I find myself attracted to men.

With women, it’s so specific. Like I can’t go to target one day and see a women I find attractive but I’ll more than likely see a man I find attractive.

I wish I could pinpoint what I like about certain women but it’s so hard to say. I’d like to give some examples of celebrity women that I find attractive and I would like opinions on if you notice a pattern or a certain quirk. Do y’all have these feelings or just me??? Lol

1. Léa Drucker
    2. Gwendolyn Christie
    3. Ana de Armas
    4.Jennifer Beals
    5. Julie Bowen
    6. Sue Bird
    7. Laura Linney (had a crush on her forever ❤️)
    8. Erica Wessels
    9. Christina Hendricks
    10. Emma Thompson

2. bsg75apollo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think that the key is to look at traits of the characters they play. I don't know everyone on your list, but the words powerful or confident come to mind for some of them.

BiGemini87 and Laine7008 like this.
  3. Laine7008

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you for your reply! :slight_smile:
    I definitely feel like I tend to be attracted to women out of my league

4. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sadly, I only recognize a fraction of the actresses mentioned by name--but I'd have to agree with @bsg75apollo: when you find yourself drawn to them, is it to specific types of characters they portray? Or is to the actresses themselves?

I find I fall into two categories when it comes to "celebrity crushes", as it were:

1) They (men or women) have a fair number of similar physical characteristics, or
    2) I'm not really attracted to the celeb, but to a specific type of character they've portrayed.

Examples from the first category of both men and women celebs I find attractive who bear similar physical characteristics:

Women: Zoe Saldana, Fefe Dobson, Kat Dennings, Anna Paquin, Lindsey Stirling.

Men: Tommy Karevik, Chris Pine, Robert Downey Jr, Jensen Ackles, Misha Collins.

I know some people are probably thinking, "What similarities?" and honestly, I used to keep a folder of them so that I could pinpoint it myself (and the list is a lot bigger than this, believe you me). But with these, it was something about eyes, lips, jawlines, and hair. None of these individuals share all of these in common, but something about their particular combination of these features is aesthetically pleasing. It's also worth noting that while I find all of these individuals (and more) attractive, the level of attraction varies.

Examples of celebs whom I like more for their characters:

Cillian Murphy, Gabriel Macht, Keira Knightley, Tessa Thompson.

This would be longer, but it's amazing how blank my mind goes whenever I actually have to think about this stuff. ^^; When it comes to these celebs, they portrayed characters, and thus, concepts, that I found alluring. With Cillian, it was Tommy Shelby from Peaky Blinders. Gabriel Macht as Harvey Specter. Keira Knightley as Elizabeth Swan and lastly, Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie.

The common ground, I think, is that these characters are all very take charge, complex, flawed--yet all the more endearing for it. This doesn't mean I liked everything about them, of course, but I enjoyed the myriad emotions they evoked in me.

Rayland and Laine7008 like this.