1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you consider getting married?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BreezyB, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Jelle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am married already.

2. Gigi K

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I'm 14, and I think I could never consider getting married earlier than 25, and even then, it would have to be to the right person. I am a very independent soul, and I would need someone who would be able to support the way I choose to live, and love me through every second of it. I would want someone to feel comfortable enough to tell me that I'm wrong, but also not afraid to admit their own mistakes. I want someone that is able to choose what they want, and have their own opinions, without caring too much about the thoughts of others. I want someone who can debate with me about politics, share knowledge over books, laugh over dad jokes, plan our days together, think about our future and most of all, to just have the ability to be themselves. So yeah, I could consider it after 25, but it would definitely have to be the right person.

3. SunnyMoon22

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes, absolutely. As for the perfect age, I'd say it's when both partners are responsible enough.

4. Cinnamoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To the right person absolutely

5. bambibat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly? I’ve personally never seen the big appeal about marriage as a concept. I don’t think you need a ceremony and a fancy contract to declare your love and loyalty to a person. It seems largely like a waste of money to me. Maybe I would change my mind of the right person ever came along though… who knows.

I know several people my age (early 20’s) who are engaged or already married, which just seems so young to me. My parents got married in their late twenties/early thirties (mum is older) and I think that seems a more sound age to do it. Many people rush into it I think. After all, the human brain is not even fully matured until 25.

6. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sure I think it would be nice. I don't see how I could tho since you're supposed to be able to tell a spouse everything, have his word and be able to trust it, that no matter how vengeful, angry or senile he gets, our private convos go to the grave and always respect me. Apparently that's unreasonable and no one has shown themselves to be that honorable, including me so it's impossible lol.

7. dseag2

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was with my first partner when I was 24 and he was 19. We lived together. We split up after 6 years because we both changed so much over the years, so I would recommend waiting until late 20's or early 30's. As for gay marriage, my partner and I were together for 25 years before we got married. We never felt the need to, since we had been in a committed relationship for so long but when it became legal in TX we did it for tax purposes and so we both had legal rights over property, healthcare, etc. There are practical reasons for it.