1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loneliness after coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by KelTik, Jul 18, 2022.

1. KelTik

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't have friends or family to come out to. So after hearing all these LGBTQ+ people talk about how they found their family or the people who care about them most online I've come here. And other places.
    But that's not the case for me. Every place I've gone and posted or reached out I get looked over and no one ends up messaging. I try to reach out and be proactive and I end up just being there for other people make them feel better and then no reciprocation. I feel ashamed and self conscious and not worth much these days..

2. bsg75apollo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm guessing that living in a conservative, sparsely populated state doesn't help. It must make finding a community more difficult. I'm not sure what words of wisdom I can offer. I am only now exploring this part of my life.

3. KelTik

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

No it does not I've tried finding communities here and there isn't anything. I can understand that like the blind leading the blind. It just helps not to feel so alone sometimes so thank you for reaching out in general

4. TrueSpirit

TrueSpirit Guest

I can't give much advice but you are not alone. I've been there and am still there. I live in a tiny conservative town and I've researched groups around the bigger cities near me and I haven't found anything. It gets lonely but online community has helped, therefore, I hope it helps you and you are able to feel connected.

KelTik likes this.
  5. KelTik

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

Thank you I'm hoping to move very soon and it's compared to the tiny ass place I'm in much bigger. I hope it will give me opportunities to find new people like me. If not this place seems like a safe haven

6. TrueSpirit

TrueSpirit Guest

I totally understand. I want to move too, but I only moved here less than a year ago. :frowning2:

7. KelTik

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I moved here 2 months ago. Before that I was in Florida for almost a year and before that Oregon. So my goal is to find somewhere safe and stable I can stay for a while

8. TrueSpirit

TrueSpirit Guest

Oh wow, big state moves. Those are rough. Thankfully, I only moved 2 hours from the place before. Its rough to find good places to be, at least in my experience. I hope you find a good place to call home soon.

9. KelTik

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    T
    Thank you me too. I'm hoping very soon I'm ready to be in a safe healthy environment. I hope you find a good place as well! Keep in touch

10. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, @KelTik. I'm sorry you haven't had anyone to really connect with/acknowledge your coming out. It can be tough when you don't have many people (if any) irl who you feel safe coming out to, but I can understand how easy it is to feel/be overlooked online. The sad fact is, with so many people only feeling safe coming out online, there are a lot more voices to compete with, as it were.

I know it's discouraging, and moving to a new place adds its own levels of isolation and uncertainty, but don't give up; you will find your community, the people you click with most--both regarding your orientation and other aspects of your life/interests. You have nothing to be ashamed of, and you're certainly worth more than you realize.

Until you do (and of course, even afterwards) find your people, we're here for you. :slight_smile:

TrueSpirit likes this.
  11. KelTik

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Aw wow that was really sweet and well put... Yes it can be super hard with so many people but surprisingly since posting this I found a best friend! They are just like me also super supportive nice and have lifted my spirits up quite a bit.
    And regarding moving I am realizing how much I need to be alone and am craving it so I'm not as scared as of lately. I think things are looking up for the better !

12. Prisma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been there too. Glad things are looking up for you! Like you, I embrace being alone at time, it's powerful! And so much easier when you have support to return to.

13. KelTik

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yesss thank you very much :grin:!

Prisma likes this.