1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy PRIDE month

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by hopefulB, Jun 1, 2022.

1. hopefulB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hope everyone, no matter where they are on this journey, can take some time to reflect and know that you are loved, you are necessary, and you are exactly who you were meant to be and that's something to take pride in.

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hopefulb & Everyone.....It's so hard at times to accept that we are someone that is worthy of love, worthy of acceptance and worthy of value. We tend so many times to tear ourselves down and to think that no one would or could really love or care for us. That is so not true. Everyone of us, every human being is worthy of being loved. We are all unique and special individuals and we all have a special and important roles to play in this experience called life. Straight or gay, Non-Binary or Binary, Liberal or conservative...we are all human beings and we are all important. It's amazing what happens when we treat people as if we think they have value! I only wish for a world that would build people up rather than tear people down. I know that I'm wishing for the impossible...but I'll never stop wishing and I hope that others will do the same.
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

Rayland, hopefulB, BiGemini87 and 3 others like this.
  3. DragonChaser

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Whoever you are, whatever you're feeling inside, however lost that might be, you're valid and seen and ABSOLUTELY not alone! Happy Pride month to everyone on EC and everywhere else, too!

I know we're mostly here to escape the dreaded closet, and I am no different. Maybe, even if it's all we can do, if any of us can spare it, now would be a good time to donate some money to The Trevor Project or the like, however - again, only if you can afford it.

If not, and you're yearning to show your support... well, you're here, right? Open a thread and take a shot at understanding someone's troubles, questions, or views. If you can't offer advice or answers, you can always just remind them you're there.

I'm honored to know those of you here that I do well enough to call friend, and would be even more honored to know the rest of you as the same!

I hope this month is prosperous, safe, and happy for you and all of yours, no matter their stripes, shapes, shades, or preferences! :gay_pride_flag:

Nealg, TinyWerewolf, Rayland and 3 others like this.
  4. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Happy Pride Month everyone!

I'll echo what @DragonChaser said and mention that this is a great time to donate some money to projects that help LGBT+ people around the world, including The Trevor Project or Casa 1 (here in Brazil :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ). Many times, with great intentions, we end up buying things from companies that seem nice, but will end up completely forgetting about our community as soon as the month ends, so it's good to support groups that are really doing some good, if you can afford it.

And, of course, for those who are gathering courage to come out during this month... stay safe, and good luck! :slight_smile:

5. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Happy Pride Month everyone !

6. CatsAndDogs

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks @hopefulB . I am early in my journey out of the closet, but I'm getting a little more accepting of it every day. Hey, question for you and everyone reading this: I really want to go to the upcoming Pride events in the major city near where I live. But, I don't really have anyone to go with. Would it be ok to go by myself? I reached out to a couple of friends who happen to be lesbian, and they would like to go, but their month is pretty full (plus the novelty has worn off for them and they're happily married to their same sex partners, etc.) I'm not ready to ask my wife and kids to go with me; I just came out to them a few months ago. And I don't feel comfortable asking any of my straight friends to go. But I really want to go and experience all that the Pride events have to offer. What do you think?

Gay Brett, hopefulB, Nealg and 2 others like this.
  7. DragonChaser

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    THIS!!! So much this!!!

BTW, much love to Brazil from the USA! Your country is beautiful, your history is remarkable, and your people deserve respect!

Chiroptera and TinyWerewolf like this.
  8. Nealg

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think going by yourself is totally fine. I am planning on that this year myself.

9. Gayhusband

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Happy Pride Month ️‍!!!

hopefulB, TinyWerewolf and Nealg like this.
  10. hopefulB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi @CatsAndDogs I have gone by myself before. Granted this was years ago and before I'd actually come out to myself. it was great, even if I only clung to the edges. I think just the act of you making an effort to go, dipping a toe in that water, could be huge for your spirit. And congrats on coming out to your family.

11. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you! <3

DragonChaser likes this.
  12. Markieg64

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation: