1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally ready to try for relationship

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GazesToClouds, Mar 16, 2022.

1. GazesToClouds

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So i think i might finally be in a place where i might be comfortable enough with myself to try and find a relationship of some kind. Ive been thinking quite alot about this for a while now. Ive got a job, getting close to having my drivers license, been going to the gym for a few months and im starting to feel something that resembles confidence. So since its been 5 years since i last did anything like this, im obviously very nervous especially since im now potentially looking for my first same sex relationship since "coming out" (kinda sorta, im working on it) as Bi.

So yea this is a pretty daunting, exciting and nervous thing im trying to do and most most certainly out of my comfort zone, but, i think i might be ready to at least try and look.

So i was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on what to do from here, i know that seems rather obvious/basic but as i said its been a long time for me and im not really sure where to start. Or maybe you could share some of your experiences so i know what to look out for/think about.

Sorry its a bit open ended, not really sure what i need. Unfortunately i dont really have anyone friends/family i can ask about this as neither are particularly helpful. Friends are almost all single, and the family members i COULD ask all met their partners in school and have fairy tale endings. Not particularly helpful for me. Thanks in advance <3

2. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Got anyone in mind?

GazesToClouds likes this.
  3. GazesToClouds

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I mean i have this one friend who is OMEGA hot, literally won the genetic lottery. And as far as i know he is Bi or at least Bi curious but ive known him for my whole life and im not sure what my feelings are towards him. I guess a big problem i have is i dont meet many people. Working 5 days a week in a school doesnt leave much time to meet anyone my age. Theyre either students or teachers and neither are the right age group for me since im 21, 22 mid year. And ive tried looking into some Lgbt+ friendly groups near me but ive not got the courage to try that yet since im a bit of shy person

4. Lek

Lek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, GazesToClouds. I'm shy too. But sometimes I surprise myself. When I was at university, I saw a really good-looking guy walking on campus. I knew he was gay. I actually ran up to him and introduced myself to him. Peter became my first boyfriend. Despite assuring myself that I could never expect that he would like me, I decided that at the very least we might become friend. So, perhaps you can see LGBTQ+ groups as a place where you can meet, at the very least, just one friend.

Usually, when someone tells me that they are going to look for a boyfriend, a red light goes off for me. Many people have a very specific idea of a boyfriend (blond hair, blue eyes, 6 feet tall, swimmer's build, artistic, literate, funny, etc.). The image of the perfect boyfriend may have been honed for years.

The image in our head makes him difficult to find. And maybe the perfect boyfriend has been there all along. He just doesn't look like the picture in our head.

The nice thing about meeting new friends at groups is that a friend might introduce you to their friend. So, make a promise to yourself that you'll check out some LGBTQ+ groups.

The only other advice I would give you is to start off a relationship with gentle honesty. Ask for what you want and need and give him the same permission to ask. Of course, sometimes what we think we want and need is not something that our partner can give, but building communication and negotiation skills from the beginning will help a lot in creating a good relationship.

So, while it is lovely to gaze at clouds, don't forget to look around you.

I hope I've said something that helps you. If not, or if you need more, just ask.

5. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Does your friend know you like him ?

6. GazesToClouds

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thats a nice story, very spontaneous i like it. Unfortunately i havent seen many Lgbtq+ groups near me, perhaps im not looking in the right places because im sure there has to be some since i live in/close to the biggest city in the state. New friends does sound lovely

I know i said i want a 'relationship' its the word i use but its not exactly what i mean, im not exactly seeking the perfect match, more someone who can supplement me and i them. Its possible what i need is just a very caring platonic relationship, who knows (i certainly dont) I know i would certainly "like" a romantic relationship its not exactly on the tippy top of my list specifically.

If i can find a Lgbtq+ group near me i certainly will try and go, i think it would do me good

YES THIS, honest communication is very attractive IMO and i certainly would strive to keep myself like that as much as i can.

(wow using my name to deliver sage wisdom, thats pretty deep)

You have certainly given me a bit to think on, but more help is always welcome if you have it, ill never turn down good advice :grin:

No most certainly not, im also pretty certain he wouldnt find me attractive. And i certainly dont have the confidence to say anything to him. Im not even sure how i feel about him, my feelings are somewhat muddled

ScottG likes this.
  7. GazesToClouds

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So just a quick update, i started talking to this guy named Bailey today and it seems to be going quite well, we seem to have a fair bit in common and he hinted he wanted to take me out for coffee. Im feeling both nervous and excited at the thought of it. But talking to him is making me quite happy.

Elcar and ScottG like this.
  8. Lek

Lek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go for it and enjoy coffee and Bailey!

GazesToClouds and ScottG like this.
  9. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Go have coffee and enjoy yourselves

10. GazesToClouds

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you both! <3 im very nervous about it, ive not been on a date for a very very long time so im a bit in shambles just thinking about it. Ive had butterflies all day, we are yet to settle an actual time yet but hopefully it will be this Tuesday arvo. OMgosh ive caught feelings AHHHHH

11. GazesToClouds

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Waiting for a response is killing me AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ScottG likes this.
  12. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hope you get a response soon.

#12 Jakebusman, Mar 19, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2022
  13. GazesToClouds

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    AHH he said yes!! yay. Tuesday arvo at a cafe near the beach thats pretty close. So excited and nervous

ScottG likes this.
  14. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So happy for you

15. GazesToClouds

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    UPDATE TIME

Here is the recap: So he wasn't feeling well today unfortunately and stayed home and at one point had a nap and then ended up being like 30 mins late, i was super worried i was gonna get stood up but i was wrong and I was just so glad he came. We walked for a while making small talk ya know im pretty awkward and he said he is too but i disagree, then we went and got drinks then sat and chatted for like an hour. I laughed, he laughed it was really nice, we sat and watched the sunset over the beach (well kinda the water is east) It would have gone longer I think but mum was gonna pick me up and was getting ansy about waiting when i said I wanted another half hour. So I decided it was probably better to go rather than deal with a pissed off mum all night. He understood, I got a hug and a photo and I think im getting a 2nd date. So I guess it went well. and we are still chatting over messages too which is a good sign i thing. he also said he thinks im adorable :grin:

16. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds like it went great what is he like ?

17. GazesToClouds

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    He is really sweet, huge nerd, preetty awkward but i love it and thats probably just a first meeting thing. Also he has a vivid imagination, and he is pretty lewd. He also loves a good tease which is fun, he is super flirty too. I think we are gonna go to a convention in a few weeks which should be fun! He's a bit sick atm so im still waiting on the 2nd date but at least i know im gonna get it!

18. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds like a nice sweet guy

19. GazesToClouds

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    He really is, i vey much enjoyed the time we spent together, wish we could do it again sooner. At least we still talk every day for ages, which that plus the promise of a 2nd date is enough for me at the moment.

20. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Did you ever get a 2nd ?