1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating in the New Year? Rubber up!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by PatrickUK, Dec 28, 2021.

1. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In recent weeks I have seen a number of social media posts from single gay guys who have started taking PrEP and are now "ready to mingle" in the New Year. Whilst it's good that they are taking PrEP, I am not seeing any references to using condoms and that's concerned me enough to create this thread.

PrEP is good, and if you are single and thinking about dating and being sexually active it's very wise to start taking it, BUT let's be clear, PrEP is not a miracle drug and it doesn't offer fool proof protection against HIV. Nor does it offer protection against other STI's, e.g. syphillis, chlamydia, gonorrhoea, hep C. The ONLY way to protect yourself and sexual partners is to wear a condom.

This is pretty good: https://onemedical.com/blog/healthy-living/safe-sex-prep/

To put it plainly, if you are thinking of fucking in the new year, rubber up. No excuses - going in bare aint a good idea!

2. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Don't forget your d*ck mask

KaiOfBees likes this.