The lights went out

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by staticinmyattic, Sep 27, 2021.

1. staticinmyattic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I did not intentionally troll this forum. When I started posting, I was truly convinced that I’d figured something important out about myself. I appreciate your kindness.

2. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So it's fine :slight_smile:

3. tidalpool127

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think you are a troll or a intruder, even if you are cis and straight. Our community includes allies too, and you have shown yourself to be that. You certainly have not acted like a transphobe or homophobe. Not only that, but while sexuality and gender identity are important parts of who we are at the end of the day we're just people. To me, it doesn't matter what you identify as. It's clear you are hurting, and I believe everyone here just wants to help you as best we can.

Rayland likes this.
  4. Utachiyo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel like I should say something even though I'm still new to both this site and to the LGBT community in general. But I can't just scroll by all this pain.

It seems to be a normal thing to second guess yourself in regards to being transgender. I'm in that phase myself right now. I'm still trying to figure out what part of the transgender umbrella I'm standing under. But maybe an exact title isn't important right now. Just knowing you're under that umbrella is enough. I have to remind myself about this every day!

And depression... I know how that is. I'm a single mother with a developmentally disabled child - what's there to be positive about?? But your depression seems way worse than I've ever had. Please take your medication! If you don't feel it's working, talk with your doctor to try another type or dosage. Or try another doctor/therapist if you don't feel listened to.

You are valid and you deserve happiness in your life.