1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worried About Gender Identity And Sexuality

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ThatGirlLauren, Aug 27, 2021.

1. ThatGirlLauren

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I am confident I am a woman now. It is hard to explain it just is but I have never been more happy or scared before. I am the second trans girl of my siblings and I am frankly quite worried that this will only add to my parents disapproval. They are going to say I am just mimicking her but I have only known she is a woman since last month but have known that I am a woman since 4 or 5 years ago and had an indescribable feeling for much longer. I have dreams about being a woman all the time. When I meditate I feel like a woman. When people call me miss it makes me smile. Nonetheless I am scared that my family may shun me. I am moving out but I love my family. Also I am scared that won't be able to find a partner because I am too ugly. I know it is ridiculous because 18 is an early transition.what should I do

2. Ingvermama

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi ThatgirlLauren, welcome to EC, it’s great here, you’ll love it!
    So does your sister know you are a woman? If so what does she say about that? And what makes you think your parents will react badly, did they react badly to her?
    And I’m pretty sure you aren’t ugly, as a fellow woman I can tell you with a tweak here and there we are all beautiful beings :blush:

ThatGirlLauren likes this.
  3. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to EC.

You need to do what is right and best for you. If your family decides to come along for the ride, great. If not that is their choice. (if they did not automatically disown your sister that indicates to me that they will likely eventually come around)

As far as thinking that you do not look pretty enough, welcome to being a woman. Not one woman that I have known has been actually satisfied with how they look (and I have known actors and models). As far as thinking that you have to be movie star material to find a partner that is bunk, what really matters is who you are inside. I was plain when I was younger and now add to that the fact that I am nearly 60. I got married this year,. Finding someone is a matter of putting yourself out there, being a good friend and someone is likely to show up. (though being a transitioned person does make it more difficult to find someone who actually cares, but not impossible)

4. ThatGirlLauren

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    She does not know but I haven't spoke to her in awhile because she lives away from home. She tried to come over but my parents don't want my little brother to be influenced and they talk bad about our neighbour who is a young trans girl.

5. ThatGirlLauren

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What about those really pretty trans girls on YouTube they must think they are pretty

6. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I do not watch Youtube or really any sort of social media. All I know is that every woman that I have met cis, trans or intersex has felt that their looks are deficient when they are actually talked to in private. No matter how much confidence they project or what their actual looks were. It is what commercial media, advertising and society in general programs us with.

7. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi Lauren, I hope this doesn't come over as patronising but that's the kind of daft thing I used to say when I was 18!

Back then I had no confidence and just assumed no-one would ever want to have a relationship with me. I now have the hindsight of over 50 years and can see I have loads to offer any potential partner beyond just looks. I bet you do too.

The problem is that as human beings we can't see the road ahead (at least not clearly - all too often it is shrouded in fog), we can only look behind.

Anyway, what's more important is the situation with your family. Yes, it could well be that they do shun you when you come out. So you need to start planning an independent life apart from them and build up the support network you will need if they do turn their backs on you. This means thinking about how you're going to survive financially - what job are you aiming towards? Will this involve a period of study? Do you have friends you can confide in? Is there an LGTB+ community in the area where you live?

Think strategically about this, and try peering through the murk on that road ahead - in five years' time where do you want to live? At what stage do you want to be in your transition?

And as others have said, if it's support you need, you've come to the right place here at EC.

Beth

8. Rita Star

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There’s no age to early to transition as long as you know what you want. Your parents shouldn’t debar your happiness. You’ve always wanted this, so girl go for it. Your parents might be angry with you or they might not but your happiness truly matters no matter what they say.

9. ThatGirlLauren

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would like to be a teacher and plan on starting classes this year at community college. I am moving out asap but I think I can do the school and work since I was working 32 hours a week and doing school before

10. staticinmyattic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Congratulations on wanting to become a teacher, and your school plans. I’m working on becoming a teacher myself. Realizing I’m trans at the same time. I’m imagining transitioning in front of a class of high school students. Holy crap. It sounds like youve had the kind of experience that can give a person the super power of empathy, which is such a valuable skill in a teacher. Let’s go be the teachers we wish we had when we were kids

11. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ThatGirlLauren.....Hello and a great big LGBTQIA+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: There is a sub-forum here titled “Gender Identity and Expression” if you post there I think you’ll find people who will understand what you are dealing with. I am sorry that you think your family will not be accepting, however, you need to do what will be the best for yourself. They have their lives but you have your own to live the way you see is the best for you. Hopefully they will come around and accept you as their daughter. It may take time, but the love of a parent for a child is strong. Meanwhile you have us here on Empty Closets, a community of loving, caring and very supportive people and we will do our best to help you blend into the community. You can ask questions in any of the Sub-forums by creating a new thread or by joining in a conversation-thread that is already going. You can also post a message on anyone's Profile Page after you have made at least ten posts yourself. If you have a question that is somewhat private you can always send a Private Message to any Staff Member. Normally Private Messages can only be exchanged between two Full Members, but a PM to a Staff Member is an exception. :old_wink: We are so glad that you have found us here on Empty Closets! :old_big_grin:
    .....David :gay_pride_flag: