1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trapped in the closet and attracted to older men

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ryan91, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Ryan91

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi I'm RYAN I'm still in the closet surrounded by people who think I'm straight and on top of that I only like older men im 29 and all I want to do is explore that but I can't because of the environment I live in will never except I am gay let alone liking older men most people in my neighbourhood like beautiful women with big boobs and i have to pretend I do too but really I like older men a smart funny silver fox is my type so how can I find my Mr Wright I also suffer with severe anxiety because of this and low self esteem issues I have tried dating sites but it just doesn't Seam to work out I know the problem starts with me but I can never physically say the words to anyone it's physically and mentally impossible

What can I do

2. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Ryan,

Welcome to EC. You are not alone, and I'm super glad you joined this site. I know the feeling of not being able to talk to anyone, and the good news is that you've found a safe space to explore your thoughts and feelings with others like you.

So, what can you do?

From your posts, it sounds like it would be too dangerous to come out in your current circumstances. You said that are living with your parents. You don't say why, though. Are you taking care of them, or are you financially dependent on them? If you are financially dependent on them, then I would suggest you begin working on financial independence. Once you are free and living on your own successfully, ideally in a more LGBT+ friendly environment, then you can do what you want.

What's holding you back from your independence?

3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ryan.....I agree with @I'm gay, until you can live on your own it's going to be difficult for you to live the way you'd like to. I hope that you can make that happen. Until it does you probably won't be able to make much of a change in your life. I am very glad that you have found us here on Empty Closets as that will give you people to talk to. We will do our best to support and help in any way that we can! :old_smile:
    .....David :gay_pride_flag: