1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know what I am

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by bunkee, Dec 9, 2020.

1. bunkee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've always identified as a cis girl. I knew I liked girls and boys and I thought that I was a girl too. But lately I've been questioning a lot. I've always hated the word lesbian to define me.

In 9th grade I thought I was FTM for about a year before getting a boyfriend. After I got my first boyfriend, I thoufht I was cis.

Now, I'm in 11th grade and I'm questioning again. I knew I hated she/her pronouns and my name but i'm questioning if I'm FTM again. But it's usually a phase for me? Like, some days I think I'm okay with being a girl and I love my body but now I hate my cleavage and my female parts. I want to be a guy and I thought I'd be so much happier as a guy. But I still don't know if I am? How can I tell if I am and it's not just another phase that I'm going through?

2. bunkee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    BTW, I have considered being nonbinary and they/them pronouns but that doesn't feel quite right either

3. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You could try experimenting with pronouns and names, neither is a permanent change and can easily be changed again. Even if you cannot trying IRL you can try it here. IRL you could try expressing things differently by trying different clothes or cutting your hair, clothes can easily be changed back and hair grows. If having people address or see you in a different way makes you feel a lot better it can be a very good indication that you are moving in the right direction.

As far as dating guys making you feel that you care cis female remember, guys can date guys also so who you date does not have to define who you are.

4. Suitsme

Suitsme Guest

I’m older and I was born female. I’ve swapped from FTM to non binary to androgynous back to FTM etc etc. I’ve never really discovered my label.

I just accept that I’m me, I’m masculine but female bodied. It can be very confusing.

you’re not alone.

5. sweetfemme90

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well here are some of my thoughts I had while going through your post.
    -What about female name, pronouns and body parts makes you not like them?
    -How do you think/feel towards other females names, bodies, pronouns?
    -Why do you hate the word lesbian to define you? Hate is kind of a strong feeling.
    -Do you have to love your body to be a girl or woman?
    -What does it mean to you to be a guy?
    What do you think or see when I say the word girl?
    -What do you think or see when I say the word guy?

I think it is best if you reflect on your feelings and understand where they come from. If you want you can answer any of those questions I asked above on here or if you prefer just to answer them to yourself.