Is it weird to not be attracted to guys from my country?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Joe2001, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Joe2001

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Been in London for the past 3 days and it's a recurring theme that everywhere I travel to, I find the guys way more attractive than back home in Scotland (I'm usually travelling around parts of Europe). I rarely find myself attracted to anyone I see when walking through Glasgow, and then there are the people I matched with locally on online dating apps, none of whom were remotely my type, sorry.:frowning2:

Would it be unreasonable to want to go for non Scottish guys going forward and is it weird that I have developed this pattern of attraction? Maybe it's just different features that appeal to me, who knows? I guess something just doesn't work for me with Scottish guys.

#1 Joe2001, Jul 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think there is a figure of speech that might explain your predicament: “The grass is always greener on the other side”. But maybe the issue has less to do with your lack of interest in other guys like yourself and more to do with your own self confidence? Just food for thought.

3. DecentOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Joe2001,

It isn’t unreasonable at all. You seem to like seeing other places, open to what you learn, it makes sense that you are attracted to the folks you see. Do you like yourself in those contexts (For instance, do you have a decent appreciation of the differences of people, but not a feeling that you are inferior when being impressed by them)? That’s the only thing I’d avoid - don’t put yourself down when being impressed with others. I think OnTheHighway was saying that too.

I feel like the best relationships are ones which draw the best out of the folks who love each other, and it doesn’t matter where they come from.

#3 DecentOne, Jul 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  4. Milos1598

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It could be that you know the mentality of people in your country better, so something about it might just not appeal to you. That's the case of my friends and me.