1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm so confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Ariana 02, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Ariana 02

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I really need some advice and clarification with my sexual orientation and what I should do. For a long time now I've been feeling like I don't really know myself and I'm not okay. I am physically and mentally attracted to men but also I am mentally attracted to women mostly based on their personality and I only begin to be physically attracted to them if I like their personality. I only have experience with men when It comes to dating and having crushes but I have had one experience with a girl but It was a very long time ago but I also really enjoyed it with her. I've taken so many sexual orientation test and they say I am Bisexual but I don't know and I kind of feel like I am Pansexual. I feel that I need to experience something with a girl just to make sure and to clarify. Does anyone have any advice for me or some clarification?

2. Findmepls

Findmepls New Member

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I wish I could give you the clarification that you desire but I am struggling with my own gender and sexuality issues and it is very overwhelming. You are not alone and hopefully you will find what you are seeking.

3. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What extra do you think you need to experience?

From your description either Bi or Pan seems to work (the people who I know have many opinions on the difference between them). You seem to like either, though possibly at different levels but Bi does not have to mean exactly 50/50, equal attraction to both men and women. I also firmly believe that the labels that we use are just to help inform other people a little bit about ourselves.

My advice would be to just go ahead and date whoever seems to work for you at the time and see what works best for you, don't force it.

BiGemini87 and Findmepls like this.
  4. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Either classification seems to fit you, given what you stated. You might be pickier with women or need more emotional involvement with them first in order to go further, and there's nothing wrong with that. As I understand it, Pansexual applies to people who fall for people independently of what their gender is, whereas bisexuals have certain types they like for one or the other (not excluding non-binaries, because presentation seems to play a part with regards to them, too--at least in my experience).

You might be demisexual where women are concerned (which highlights the point I made before about needing to build up an emotional connection first--or at least as I understand demisexuality; anyone who is, if I'm wrong, please feel free to correct me).

Try not to put too much pressure on yourself. I know it can be maddening, trying to work out who you are--and as your orientation is a part of you, it can be pretty stressful. But I promise you, if you give yourself time and just try to enjoy yourself, you'll sort it out. :slight_smile: