1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which comes first sexuality or gender?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Findmepls, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Findmepls

Findmepls New Member

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I, like many others am struggling with my sexuality. I also am struggling with my gender.
    After some time here writing and reading , I realized that maybe I need to figure out one before the other.
    If I figure out that I am female and transition and I realize I only like being intimate with men then after surgery that would make me straight? If that is true then I would have no sexuality issue, am I right?
    Lots of different combos but my original question seems to be valid.
    What do the rest of you think?

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you are female and only want to be with men then yes that makes you straight (irregardless of whether you are cis or trans female). That does not mean that there would be no sexuality issues. People view transitioned persons as different and that is going to affect who might be willing to be with you.

Working out your gender issues is probably a good idea before you start getting involved in relationships. Most people find it disconcerting to marry or be involved with someone who then changes something so basic about themselves. I was married to a woman who knew from the very beginning of our relationship that I had gender issues (I had lived full time as a woman for years and then been put through conversion "therapy"). Even though she knew from the beginning she did not allow me to publicly live as female. I could use hormones and dress at home but had to continue to pretend that I was male to outside society. This eventually destroyed my mental health and our relationship.

3. Findmepls

Findmepls New Member

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't know if a relationship will ever be in my future
    I understand that acceptance from others is and always be an issue. That is part of the reason I am here , because there is a lack of support in my neck of the woods. People are basically the same everywhere the majority preach acceptance but in practice they mean tolerance. Those who are accepting are in the closet because of the majority
    Which leaves people like me scouring the internet for understanding and acceptance and help

4. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know with me my sexuality went from bi to pan before I accepted myself as trans.
    And then, once I had the right hormone for my brain coursing though my veins, I realized that I was in fact a lesbian.
    In short, sometimes you know, sometimes you don’t, and sometimes you just need a nudge through the door by a wizard.