You guys ever have an f it day?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by musicteach, Dec 18, 2019.

1. musicteach

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You guys ever have a day where you’re just “blah forget all of!” and played hookie? I definitely did that today. Today was the last day of the semester before winter break and I called out used one of my personal days — that I never use. Our VP I talked to asked “well what’re your students going today!?” I told her some bs that I’d make sure the drum majors and captains would take care of it. Truth is? They probably did the same thing without me that they would have with me: study hall/free period. The semester is over, and they haven’t even seen the concert band music for next semester yet. Call me crazy but I don’t like reteaching the music next semester.

So instead, me and short stop grabbed some lunch, went to a dress rehearsal for the symphony orchestra in town, then hung out and played music together this afternoon.

Totally worth it. So have you played hookie lately?

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh hell yeah. There’s been mornings where everything was falling apart from the start and I just decide you know what, I’m not doing anything and just lay in bed and listen to my favorite music and watch good tv shows.

3. musicteach

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I won’t lie... I planned it on Tuesday. I got a fussy text from my principal that “the band is just wasting time playing cards and crap!!” But... truthfully? It’d have been the same story had I of been there. It’s just that if I’m there they usually don’t come visit. What were they supposed to do? Start learning music for next semester? Ha! Negative ghost rider.

4. Dreamsexul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Many times.

5. jenniferf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A few times,One was with a Snap On dealer I dealt with 2 years ago.A no show for a month and I had a box full of broken tools.His nasty attitude too,I called Snap On on him and found out I was not the only one complained.I ended up handing the box of broken tools to a friend of mine to have his dealer warranty them.Parts not in stock,had a truck on my hoist waiting the next day for the parts.

6. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We call them mental health days. Way back in High school mom called me in sick and she called in sick to work and we went out and had fun and a nice lunch.

7. musicteach

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That’s pretty much what it was I didn’t feel like being bothered with work. I really don’t see the point in going in the last couple of days before semester break. Grades were submitted on Monday... My VP is still seems to think I could have spent the day going over concert band music for next semester. That’s a negative ghost rider, not happening. For first semester I had 436 for marching band. Right now on the roster for next semester I have 591 slotted. That’ll go down of course to probably 540 ish. But still, that’s a hundred people I have to reteach the music to, not to mention what’s been forgotten over winter break.

#7 musicteach, Dec 19, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  8. musicteach

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Shoot, to make it worse I haven’t even PRINTED the concert band music for next semester. Nor the marching band music... Nor the choir music for next semester... Don’t worry, I’m on it though! My friend owns a printing/publishing company here in town who normally takes care of it for me. I’ll have it for sure by the time school gets back.

9. musicteach

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is it awful I’m not going to the holiday party tonight, either? I just can’t be bothered, if truth be told.