I just don't know whether I'm gay or bisexual

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by JordanJB, Jul 7, 2019.

1. JordanJB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi ive never really posted on this forum but I'm just not sure what I am anymore
    And just looking to see whether I'm gay or bi or straight
    Anyway here goes, basically from the age of 16 I've been really confused I'm 21 now and just want to know if I'm gay. all my life I've suffered from high functioning autism and have OCD and anxiety and not sure if what I am are same sex attractions anyway sometimes I feel like when I see which probably are. Whenever I see a photo of a man I get erections sometimes but then sometimes when I look at women nothing happens sometimes but sometimes I do feel erections for women as well I just want to know what you think on this am I gay or bi because I can enjoy looking at men but I also like looking women as well and sometimes when I look at a man and then a woman I just don't know what I like more

2. JordanJB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh and I also I feel more romantic with the opposite sex when I look at men I don't feel the same it's just sometimes feels like my mind is racing all the time I don't know whether what im feeling is my mind playing with me because I do have history depression and delusions or whether I'm not completely straight

3. Lek

Lek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you don't need to adopt a label at all and just follow your heart regardless of whether the person is a man or a woman. If you sexually respond to both sexes (it doesn't have to be equally), stick with "bisexual" or try one: "it's up to my mood" or "it's up to how I feel about another person". I don't think you need to overthink it, just accept the fact that you responding to a person who happens to be a man or a woman.

I identify as gay and I don't get erections with many, many men only some. On very rare occasions, I have, rather surprisingly, gotten an erection with a woman. The bottom line for me has always been which gender I could love, especially since the penis can sometimes seem to have a mind of its own. (By the way, I am being treated for bipolar disorder and anxiety, so I know how these disorders can amplify issues.)

Be kind to yourself. Don't worry about labels. Love yourself.

Good luck and keep us posted.