Completely came out to my crush....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Luria77, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Luria77

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I had a long talk with my crush today, mostly about the breakdown of my marriage (my husband was not kind, but he wants to reconcile)....then I told her exactly why he's so upset: because he thinks I left him because I'm a lesbian (I didn't mention he knows about my crush on her). She kind of laughed at first, but then she realized I was completely serious, and not refuting the allegations at all. She was super supportive etc and thanked me for telling her.
    I don't get the idea that she's into me, however. Pretty sure she is completely straight. But oh well, I think I've moved past that somewhat, and we're going to be good friends.
    I almost didn't have the courage to do it, but I've been kind of hinting for months about this thing my ex knows about me, that I didn't want to talk about.......and then I decided it was about time to tell her.
    I feel so relieved and free. I've been contemplating telling her for weeks, but didn't know how.
    Phew. It seems to get easier the more you say it...I'm getting to a point where I don't give a damn what people think of me. I used to feel so embarrassed and ashamed.
    It's not something I can change. This is who I am.
    Just thought I'd share!

Nic2552 and Drizzle like this.
  2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey congratulations that's fantastic. It does get easier to say and I think we have all been in situations where we didn't or nearly didn't go through with telling someone.

3. LostJedi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's terrific. And very well played with your crush. I think you'll have a good support there.

It certainly is liberating, and it does get easier.