1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Melancholy, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Melancholy

Melancholy Guest

Despite this vague title, I'll start off saying I am in no way ready to date - I can't even stop self-medicating to the point that it interferes with my studying - but I realised something about dating that I am completely clueless about.

How do people reject each other/reject the possibility of another date? Do people just ghost each other or what? Literally all I have to go off is what's depicted in the media. Because I am a massive pushover I worry that I would not be able to reject someone I don't like and awkwardly continue seeing them out of obligation. It just sounds like something I would do, but it sounds horrific.

Another part to this is that I have a lot of trust issues and could see myself quickly wanting to reject an inordinate amount of people.

If anyone can impart knowledge/experience on either of these points I would appreciate it x

2. lastking

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think it's best that be you direct and honest with the person you're dating. If you're not interested in her, simply tell her that you're not ready to date or you didn't feel that connection with her.

From my experience of being on the rejected side almost my entire dating life- guys leading me on then ghosting is the most common rejection I've had. I would rather if my date were honest then to lead me on and then disappear.

Treat people the way you want to be treated :slight_smile:

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Please don’t ghost. At least have the decency to say whether you would be good friends, or just tell the person what you thought about the date and whether a second date is possible.

Just be honest about what you thought about the date.