1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really, really lonely after coming out

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sleeping Owl, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Sleeping Owl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi guys,

It's been awhile since I last posted here.

Basically, I almost feel worse after coming out and getting into the gay community than when I was closeted. I can't seem to get anything lasting or meaningful from the gay community. Not even just a relationship, a friendship even, which I'm pretty much lacking outside of my brother (we live together).

I'm emotionally starving out here. I use a relationship app that is fine for hookups but I don't really enjoy one night stands very much. I just want someone who will love or care or just want to spend time with me and get to know me. It's really hard right now.

More of a rant, just wondering if anyone has had it similar to me.

#1 Sleeping Owl, Nov 25, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    CathyMia and Love4Ever like this.
  2. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    oh yeah!!!!! big time! i remember stepping into the gay community after coming out of the closet and it was pretty damn scary, but it does get better. Sometimes people have it a bit more rough than others. I was definitely not used to being hit on, and looked at with such lustful eyes and sometimes sneered at but that's all good because everything you're feeling is perfectly normal. and it's different for other places, depending on the area you live in, though you are not alone. everyone has gone through the same struggle, just give it time.
    Finding a relationship can be hard, but I wouldn't rush into it so fast because there's so much to enjoy about everything. live your life a little. find people with the same common interest and hobbies that are lgbt friendly or lgbt orientated, that can definitely open up a convo or two for you. It's hard on your own but it's definitely helpful to try and find something that can be productive and positive for you

CathyMia likes this.
  3. Sleeping Owl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I just feel stuck right now. I really started putting myself out there this spring but I haven`t had anything that`s stuck around

4. Lone Wolfe

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe look for some groups to do things you like to do. That will at least help you to make friends. I always remind myself that about 10% of humans are gay, half male, half female. So 5% are gay male, of those I might be attracted to 10-20%. I figure when it comes down to it, I’m looking for one person. Friends are much easier to find than BFs.

5. weary

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    @Sleeping Owl

I agree with both above. Try meetup to find a group of people with a similar interest not necessarily gay. You'll be occupying your time doing something you enjoy and meeting new people. Finding a gay relationship is very difficult for all genders. There seems to be an influx of what I call the 'teen popularity' syndrome with people after coming out where they just see how many people they can bang. It's like all reason has left the building.

Just because I came out as a lesbian doesn't mean I changed what I value or want in life. So where are all those who came out and still want to build a life, have a relationship with someone?

Lone Wolfe likes this.