New name

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Ayo, Feb 25, 2018.

?

Which name should I choose?

1. Ayo

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Lei

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. Sparrow

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. Masami

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Ren

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  6. Kyo

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. Ayo

Ayo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi! I want to get a new name because I have begun to identify as non-binary. I’ve found some names I like, but I can’t choose. So, which name do you like the most? I’ve made a poll with all the names I consider.

That’s all :slight_smile:

2. AmyMouse

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I really like both Ayo and Sparrow. Sparrow has this very unique appeal. Ayo is very pleasant sounding. Hard decision with all your great ideas.

3. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm gonna be honest, are these normal names were you come from? Or have anything to do with your family background? Cause if your just a normal kid from norway, and you pick something distinctly Japanese like Kyo or Masami, or some other odd name no one's heard of...I mean won't you get picked on for it? I chose my first name cause i wanted to keep my initials the same, and i wanted a common name cause i felt that if i picked something unique or cool sounding it would be more of a "flavor of the month" sort of name and i'd grow tired of it. My middle name will be to honor someone whose had a positive impact on my life. That's how i made my name. You can try it out irl too, like ask friends at school to use a name you like for a day and see how it goes. I think the social aspect is really important too - which name feels right, natural, etc when you hear it cause for me, my birth name is pretty dysphoric.

#3 AlexJames, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    DarkWhite likes this.
  4. Ayo

Ayo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I just searched for unisex names and chose the ones I liked. Plus, almost every name on the list has a meaning. Like light, beautiful, or change. I’ve chosen Ayo (as you may see) and I like it, actually, I love it. And I don’t think I’ll be bullied. My school is known for being almost bully free and most people that go here come from other schools. There’s people from the other side of the city that go here. Anyway, thanks for your advice. It’s so nice to see that so many people are here to support each other. I’m happy I found this place. :slight_smile:

5. elixir

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would go with something shorter because it's easier for people to remember, but it's up to you.