Multiple Me

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by PanHorse, Feb 19, 2018.

1. PanHorse

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am a Demi-girl, which for me means that I feel part female and part gender fluid. But I feel as though each gender and orientation is a different "person" that makes up part of me, as though characters in a book. They all are relatively the same, but me, being the odd one I am, named them. Aaron is hot headed, male, and Bi; Sami is shy, female, and straight, for example. Is that okay or normal?

StormyVale likes this.
  2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sexuality (who you are attracted to) doesn't change based on gender, they are separate things. So if you like men as a woman, then you would like women as a woman. Personality dosent change either just based on gender, unless a person has had to suppress some of their personality due to social reactions.

It isn't typical to have a different name either as that may confuse people more especially in terms of legal name. Perhaps try for a singular, gender neutral name.

I'd maybe think about why you have these different perceptions, it could be more based on social expectations of gender rather than something inately internal.

3. StormyVale

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    To the original poster (PanHorse/Sami/Aaron)...

I am bigender, which for me means identifying some days as male, some days as female, and more often both genders. Personally, I can totally relate to feeling like each gender is a piece of you, but has a different orientation. I have experienced the same thing. You are not odd for naming your genders; I did it too, but only use the names for myself as of yet. You can use Stormy for the sake of posting here. For me, I am pansexual when female, bisexual when androgyne/both genders, and homosexual/gay when male. It took me a while to figure it all out. To me, they don't necessarily feel like different people but different facets of myself; however, I can see how it could feel like you are a different person with things I have experienced.