My problem of coming out

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Shayra, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Shayra

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm 16 and I just realise I'm bi. Coming out to my family and friends is very impossible due to my religion. This is the first place Im coming out. Its great to actually confess this. I really hope i find a way around it wih my family friends. Any tips?

2. StormyVale

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey,
    So giving you a quick response, but initially just want to tell you this is the wrong area to post this type of post under because this is the gender identity and expression threads, you should really post under this under the sexuality threads area.

However, I also identify as bisexual (partially anyway). So coming out is different for everyone, so it is your choice to come out our not come out ... I did come out to my close friends, but not family yet. I think that being bisexual doesn't really need to come up unless you end up dating someone who is the same sex as you are. And if you do, gender neutral language and pronouns like they/them or partner can work to not discuss it if you don't want to out yourself as bisexual. As for not coming out because of religion, that is up to you and how you think your community will react, but know that "God" can't have made bisexuality to be wrong or a mistake if so many people are bisexual and if gay relationships are seen in the animal world.