Reproduction

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by birobigenausex, Jul 29, 2017.

1. birobigenausex

Just wondering... Does anyone know of any sperm donation/co-parenting websites exclusively for transgender/bigender individuals? Not talking Known Donor Registry, Family By Design, Co-Parent Match, Coparents.com or Facebook groups. Men that are genuinely interested in helping start a family, not just after sex? It's so hard to have a biological clock ticking off the charts, but not being able to plunge into a one night stand without feeling like you're being sexually abused/misunderstood :-/

#1 birobigenausex, Jul 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you looking for sperm donation, or for a more active participant in having and raising children? For what it's worth, one night stands don't often result in families right off the bat, so I don't think there's much danger of that, especially if you're not looking for it. Are you trying to find a way to have a partner in raising children, but not in the context of a relationship?

As far as sperm donation itself, I'm not aware of any such resources specifically for trans* people/communities, but there are many such organizations that serve LGBT populations more broadly. There's the Sperm Bank of California, for example, and the Audre Lorde Project in Canada. The best bet might be to locate an organization generally sensitive to LGBT needs and issues and work from there (either directly with them, or get a recommendation to work with another organization, and so on).

Not quite sure if that's what you're looking for, but hope it helps!

3. birobigenausex

Not a sperm bank. I would like my child to, at least, meet their father and be there for them in a crisis. Bonus points if they would visit on birthdays and Christmas and stuff. I'm not talking finding a guy that seeks a one night stand and electing him to be a father. I'm finding men that actually want children and thinking I could handle one night of sex with them to conceive, as it's happened before for me, but emotionally I can't do it anymore. Being bigender, I feel like a bisexual man and lesbian, and it makes me so angry when they treat me like a straight woman. Plus, the parts don't work like straight female parts, anyway, so they would be the only ones enjoying it. Something along the same principle as FamilyByDesign, Coparenting.com, Co-parent Match, Known Donor Registry or the Facebook groups, but where they won't push natural insemination. Right now, I'm feeling like the only way to have a child is to allow myself to be sexually abused. And that's crazy when there's so many co-parenting groups out there, but not unlike online dating, they're being used incorrectly.

#3 birobigenausex, Jul 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  4. birobigenausex

I tried searching for the Audre Lorde Project in Canada. All I found was the Audre Lorde Project website, which says they have two locations in New York only, one in Brooklyn and one in Manhattan. They have a program for two spirit people called the 3rd Space but only information about it. If you provide your name and contact info on the website, you're only signing up for the newsletter. There's also the Audre Lorde Project on Facebook, but no place to message them on their page...