1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is it so tough?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Paxana, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Paxana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When I was much younger, I had inclinations of who I really was (including thoughts of gender reassignment, and I was only like 5) but always suppressed it.

Now, I can't look at myself in the mirror without getting disgusted at the fact that I have a penis. It's come out full force, and depresses me anytime I shower or do anything. I feel like I'm trapped inside someone who's not truly me, and unaware people pushing me to be a real "man's man" is just... I don't want it, any part of it.

How did any of you get through this process? Any coping mechanisms, advice, anything to calm my nerves. I'm in a delirious state of mind right now, sorry for the rant

2. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I honestly don't know....like you I had thoughts of how cool gender reassignment surgery would be since I was very young. How I let myself deny my identity until 29 I will never know.

3. Paxana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe it's because of society pushing gender roles on us, which feels like trying to fit a square peg through a circular hole. You try and hide it, as I have done. You feel trapped

4. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think that's basically it. It sucks but it's too late now, I could never go back into denial.

Paxana likes this.
  5. MaybeBenji

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I completely feel you one this. My earliest memory is saying "When I grow up, I want to be Daddy!" when my sister and I were young, I would be the boy doll, the dad, etc. Even up to three years ago, before I knew about people who are transgender I had a plan to "move away, change my name, and wear boy clothes" I think I was more confident in being trans before I knew I was trans.

My solution? Listening to "My Body is A Cage" by Arcade Fire on repeat for a month and completely denying anything is wrong. Oh, and imagining what my life "could be if i'd grow a pair" (literally and figuratively).

Best of luck to you. We both need to just get over it and be who we are before we waste our lives :slight_smile:
    I've been told it's never to late to start over.

-Benji

#5 MaybeBenji, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017