1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hopeless

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Fattrash17, Feb 23, 2017.

1. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hoping you feel less lost and more hope even a glimmer of hope.

I will hold my hand out to you once again. Part of me also feels lost.

Trevin Michael

2. Fattrash17

Same to you too, hope you feel less alone and anything else bad you're feeling right now including alone.

I'll try and grab on, maybe I will slip off who knows. I guess life is just one whole thing of loneliness if you don't have many around you who can empathise with you.

3. June Cleaver

I concur with lex and want to add on your feeling of being fat, unattractive, and not hung big enough. There are lots of people who find larger men sexy. Now if you feel ugly and inadequate you will present yourself that way and will not be attractive to others. Before you try to date, take the time to get comfortable with yourself. My son started to feel like you about his looks because he started to look like his father Michael. I kept catching him looking at himself in the mirror upset with his face. I reminded him how women came on to Mike all the time, not just because of his looks but also his confident presence which made him fun to be around. Chance though about it and realized I was right. It wasn't any more than a few months later he had the girls chasing him. It took a while during those months for him to realize he was attractive in his own way with mom's help. You are attractive in your own way too weather you realize it or not.

Can you as a Muslim only date a Muslim? I am ignorant in regards to your religion. Can you try other helpful groups besides the Muslim one? Just didn't understand the why when the Muslim group quit helping it seems like you felt defeated, like that's all that is out there. Maybe you can find a teenager group? June

4. Fattrash17

There maybe but I can't seem to find any that are my age. To be fair, those who find larger men sexy are rare. Well, that was what I see anyway. Some larger men don't find love, not always. I have no idea how to get comfortable with myself. I just always feel some sort of awkwardness and insecurity with my body. Kids my age are so pretty and attractive and tall and hairless. I guess that is them though. It isn't something that I can control so I guess that I should become okay with it. I just don't know how to. It is so difficult when I don't really have support. The thing is, if I told my mum that I feel ugly I would get told "no you're not" or "shut up". It's not like your son though, I don't get guys coming up to me or anything like that. Guys tend to ignore me or block me sometimes. Maybe if I had like guys coming up to me or liking me then maybe I would be able to have more self confidence and esteem. This low confidence thing is like having an affect in my studies, I tend to doubt myself a lot and loose time on the exam that way. I just don't see my own trait of attractiveness, I don't. I just feel that I do not have one.

Yeah, Muslims only dating Muslims. That is what it is for heterosexual couples anyway. You aren't ignorant, you just have never had the need to learn about Islam until now. One of the advisors has sent me links for a group that meets up in my home town, I will try and go one day, I just need to think of a lie to tell mum and dad.

You just don't understand. I felt defeated because I have had pretty much nobody aside from myself to support me through this. I can no longer support myself with how exhausted I have become. It isn't as though I have a guy who knows what I am feeling who will help me and squeeze my hand when I feel like jumping in front of a bus. I just give up because I see no reason in carrying on at times.

5. June Cleaver

OK, here is the thing about beauty, it really is in the eye of the beholder. For example back in the 1980's and 1990's when I would visit my grandparents I loved to drive grandma's 1981 Cadillac Fleetwood Broghm to town (45 miles) unlike all my cousins who just druled over grandad's 1984 944 turbo. I thought the 944 was the ugliest piece of s..t and how grateful and sexy the Cadillac was with her huge fuel injected 425 cubic inch engine and graceful flowing lines down to her fins, which by the way was such a dream to drive.

Think of the 944 as the typical top of health club body guy the masses find sexy and the Cadillac you, bulky and hairy. If everyone all wanted 944s than no other car would be built, but look at the variety out there from the Volvo S80 T6 which I drive and completely love to say the Smart Car which I would not even consider riding in. See you fit someone idea as the most sexy man alive. There are no perfect people, think of yeng and yang. Good and bad are usually balanced in the universe, so why should you have nothing good? Think about it, June

6. Fattrash17

I guess very much so that it is. I just do find it hard as to why someone would see me as attractive. Maybe it's because I am not the most positive person or because I can't see the attractiveness in me or something like that. I just haven't met anyone who I fit as that sexy man. I just doubt that I may do. As for ying and yang, I just feel that there is more bad than good with me.

It is all so draining. I just feel this massive hopelessness and I can't seem for it to go. I have given up on the idea of a happy ending for me. The thing is, if I want to keep family then I end up living in the closet and forced to get married to a female or if I wish to come out then that would mean permanently loosing my family and having nobody to go to and I risk being alone if I do not find a guy. That is how I percieve it at the moment and making the decison what to do has so many cons.

#26 Fattrash17, Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2017
  7. June Cleaver

At 17 do you tell people what you really think about them? What makes you think if someone you have been around would just come out and say they were attracted to you, especially another guy? It sounds like where you live, or your particular religion makes homosexuality taboo. Look at the factors beyond hair and size that are involved here. In the gay world there are bears and cubs for example whose body type is desirable to others even to muscle types. Why? Because people are not always attracted to the way they look but find that the might be attracted to blondes though they themselves are black. Maybe you just need to get a bit older and finish school and get out on your own before you can proceed to the dating stage and beyond. June

8. Fattrash17

I guess so. Not many confess. Although, I thought would more with how homosexuality is way more acceptable now. Less so where I live and more so my religion. Practically most Muslims don't agree with homosexuality with some saying that it isn't natural and that an individual can be 'cured' to some being more extreme and going into extremism and saying that gay people should be killed or stoned to death. You're right there, gay men do. I tend to class myself as a cub. At the moment I am in my last few months of study before university.

There is so much uncertainty and anomie as to what I should do in this case. As a Muslim who closely follows their religion my options are just to stay celibate and avoid marriage somehow which I know will be difficult. Just the uncertainty that I am facing and stress and depression and what not make things difficult for me at the moment. Maybe if I knew what to do and what the definite answer was to my situation then perhaps I wouldn't be feeling like I am now. Just so odd and confusing. It is why I feel so drained, just a lot to cope with for me.

9. June Cleaver

At your stage in life I would say most feel stressed about the future as your time in school and likely with your parents is at the final step. That means major life changes coming which can feel like impending doom, or just seem impossible even. We all face these changes at the various stages. I can tell you things seem to work out naturally. Being young time seems slow, this likely adds to that feeling of "it will never happen ". If you have a goal (ie to possibly date) you need to formulate a plan. Sitting at home, worried about looks, or any other excuse that holds you back just insures defeat.

What do I mean about a plan? Join a health club, use Nair, change your diet, consult a doctor who specializes in weight loss, join clubs, get a hobby that has clubs, I could go on. Get up and move forward with that plan. At home you will not like meet anyone. Remember the best relationship begins with friends. June

#29 June Cleaver, Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  10. Fattrash17

I am more so stressed about school and what not. It is top priority at the moment. \if these things do seem to work out naturally then I do hope that things don't become a total disaster. My goal is to date and to also start teaching once I finish my degree in Psychology. I guess I should, I mean I already go to the gym so I guess that I have dealt with the problem of weight. You're right, they do.

11. Fattrash17

Hey

Has anyone thought about just no longer identifying as gay anymore. I feel that it is a massive part of my identity that causes a lot of conflict for me. I have realised that I probably won't come out either

12. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, meaning what exactly? Being gay or straight isn't will-to-power. It's not like you say "I'm straight" and then you are.

If you mean simply not telling anybody you're gay, for the time being, that's probably the best move. You don't have to come out or date as long as you're in a place where that would cause more problems than solutions. But I wouldn't say that you "no longer identify as gay". Because, by all accounts, you ARE gay. Just keep that bit of info under wraps for now. Once you graduate, and once you have the option to move on with your life, you can revisit whether you want to tell anybody.

Lex

13. shymeeee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was where you are. My Christian family was extremely religous and unaccepting of "those queers" as they called them. Of course it is hard to be shunned, BUT, the problem lies in their hearts and souls. Look at yourself on the inside. Are you a good person? Yes or no! I think "yes". Can you love? I think yes. Do you thrive on love? Yes you do. Who did you set out to hurt? No one! Then who has the problem?

My family treated me like the worst curse from Hell. Overnight I was stripped of all rank as the eldest son. Yet at the age of 17 I was strong enough to realize that the family had the problem. It was obvious because...nothing, at all, changed other than than my family's treatment of me. The squirrels and ducks I would feed still circled me. When I jogged, the trees still stood strong--no branches dropped on my head. No lightning bolts came from Heaven. When I walked the shoreline, the ocean was beautiful and not one wave ever rose to wipe me off the Earth. Children still laughed when I made funny faces.

Obviously there is a problem in the hearts of certain Christian and Muslim belief systems when an innocent, loving youngster who happens to be gay can be thrown to the wolves.

I support you.

#33 shymeeee, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  14. Fattrash17

I kinda mean not telling anyone ever and eventually not seeing it as part of who I am and part of my identity. It is unlikely that I will tell family since I would be a stranger to them if I does which does hurt to think. I just find it so hard to see it going well telling anyone in my family. I feel as though I betrayed them somehow, like I am the very thing that my parents don't want me to be.

---------- Post added 15th Mar 2017 at 09:38 PM ----------

My family tend to shout a rainbow of slurs when anything remotely LGBTQ is on the TV. I tend to ignore whatever is said, but I know that it's bad. I get the feeling that it lies on my sometimes, that I should be the one who changes and not them. Do you feel what I am trying to say? I can do those things. I just would hate to see my parents hurt. Just they have done so much for me and I don't want to throw it right back in their faces.

I was almost outed once. My mum did not even dare to look at me, I was practicaly treated with hostility and made to feel like a specimine under a microscope. I am not as strong as you were at 17, I can barley even get up in the mornings, I just feel so pathetic with it all.

In all honesty, death at the frothing mouths of ravenous wolves would be a better death than dying alone knowing that my family hates me and will never want to see me again.

Thank you.