How to flirt with a closeted guy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Mormon, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Mormon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    (Yep, slight continuation from my other thread)

Let's say there's this guy, who you're pretty sure is gay but he isn't out of the closet and has never actually told you that he's gay, how do you flirt with him without scaring him off? Any way to, you know, catch his attention without flat-out saying that you're interested in him?

2. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hmm I don't know I would try to confirm my suspicions first by somehow bringing up the topic in a casual manner, just as you're chatting away like "Oh I heard this and that about gay people, interesting huh?" - and his response might help you determine something.
    Other than that though, you could do it simply by being a very good and close friend to him, if he knows you've got his back he won't be hesitant to confess something if he's got anything on his mind.

3. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hmm I don't know I would try to confirm my suspicions first by somehow bringing up the topic in a casual manner, just as you're chatting away like "Oh I heard this and that about gay people, interesting huh?" - and his response might help you determine something.
    Other than that though, you could do it simply by being a very good and close friend to him, if he knows you've got his back he won't be hesitant to confess something if he's got anything on his mind.

4. CharacterStudy

I would casually mention a positive view about gay people, maybe whilst discussing a film or current events. That at least lets him know you are 'safe'. He might not say anything that time, or ever, but it's a step.