1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friend zone

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Mutz, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Mutz

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am totally in love with a friend. We had something years ago but she realised she wasn't lesbian and now she's with a guy. We stayed friends but it kills me to think of her with him. I don't want to break the friendship or am I just hoping?

2. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    She is not going to turn to a lesbian if that is what you mean. So that dream needs to go. You might be able to remain friends if you can come to terms with the fact that there is never going to be anything more than friendship between you two.

Taking a break from her might help.

3. Seagypsy

I am sure that what you had together was real, just because she's now with a guy doesn't mean she can't have loved you.

This is why I hate labels, because they're like an umbrella term for your whole life, just being with one guy, or even a few guys, doesn't mean she can't love a special girl.

4. JasmineTea

Ahh, unrequited love. I've had my fair share of that these past two years.

It really, really sucks. There's no getting around that. It hurts like hell- but if she's happy with her man, then you should let her be happy. It's difficult, but my best advice is to just focus on getting over her. If she's not into girls, it's not going to happen... and again, I mean, even if she isn't 100% hetero, she's still probably happy with her guy. You should respect that, even if it hurts.

I was in love with my best friend for about a year and a half. Like, actually, truly in love- but they didn't feel the same way. It was horrible. I had always kind of known there was no way it was going to happen, but there was that little, selfish shred of hope. Then they fell in love with somebody else. It hurt like hell, but they were happy together, and my friend was happier than I'd ever seen them before. In the end, I just... had to learn to let go. My advice would be to do the same.