Do you ever feel guilt ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aeolia, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nah.
    Sometimes I feel ashamed, but it isn't related to being biromantic or having fluid sexuality.

2. Oddsocks

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Never with my orientation. Anyone who has an issue with my one-size-fits-all romantic and sexual compass knows where to insert that issue into their own anatomy.

Yes with my periodic genderweirdness, though. I feel almost constantly awkward on the topic and like the very existence of a Gender Thing is inconveniencing anyone who knows about it, my trans friends excluded (except when I worry that I'm somehow Diminishing The Cause by existing in the limbo between merely gender nonconforming and actually gender variant). I mean, unlike my orientation, it's inconveniencing me! So I kind of end up projecting that onto everyone else.

#22 Oddsocks, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  3. YinYang

Not really. I'm just me, and nothing is going to change that.

4. Mahidevran

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I used to feel guilt about my gender identity, that was because of my ex love. When she got to know, she outed me to all her friends and called a liar. They haven't been any nicer to me either. I'm still pre-everything and even my official name hasn't been changed yet, so I tend to feel the guilt sometimes. Because officially I'm still a woman, and I feel like a man, so... in fact, living as a woman is like living a lie to me.
    About my sexuality, I used to feel like that, but it was rather represented by the fear of relationships. I've always wanted a stable relationship so bad, but since I'm not so much into sex in general, I was afraid my potential boyfriend or girlfriend would not be able to deal with a relationship with me just because of this. Because average people need some sex. I just do not worry about it at all anymore because my boyfriend says he wouldn't leave me nor cheat on me just because I might not want to have sex with him, and then it turned out that I actually want it so much. So, the problem is fixed.

#24 Mahidevran, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  5. Ljjgood25016

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    "Do you ever feel guilt?" Yes, i feel some amount of guilt from time to time. sometimes, this guilt can be based on religion. other times, this guilt can be based on how my family, or mainly my parents would feel about my orientation. btw, im confused about my sexual orientation. but somehow, i manage to cope everyday with this.
    "Do you ever feel guilt from your orientation or gender identity?" Already answered the question.

#25 Ljjgood25016, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  6. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope. I'm proud of who I am

7. art3mis

Nope. My sexual orientation isn't something I chose and it's nothing bad and it doesn't harm anyone. There is no reason to feel guilty.

8. Irisviel

guilt, no. Negative feelings of "why me" yes, but not because of my attitude towards any lgbt issues, simply from fear of being ridiculed by others, or that I might face violence or rejection. So, no guilt. Even if "it" was my choice, it would be nothing wrong. The fact I feel too weak to cope is something completely different and is caused by others' attitude.

9. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, sometimes. But I don't see why I should feel guilty about my sexuality that doesn't even involve the folk that bitch about it.

10. RainDreamer

I have problems figuring out if I am the one feeling guilt, or it is my depression. Or maybe I feel guilty for being depressed? Either way, I feel guilt all the time, for all kinds of things. Sometimes for being born. But I recognize those kinds of thoughts and try to shut them down. It just mess with my feelings sometimes.

11. plant

Not at all.

12. Bibliovian

Absolutely. Listen, I understand the people here who say they are proud and would never feel guilty. Honestly, I wouldn't say I've felt shame.

When I told my parents they were both accepting, positive, and amazing, but they both cried. They are scared about the amount of resistance I'm going to face for the rest of my life. They worry about me. And they face people, their siblings and friends even, who are much more judgmental.

My loved ones carry that burden, and me being gay put it there. So yes, I feel guilt. Constantly.

13. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I actually do feel guilty... guilty that I don't have enough time to give every cool person on earth a piece of this hot ass. I wish I could, but alas, life.

14. Aviator182

I felt guilt/ashamed for many years. Sometimes these feelings come back, but I remember how happier life is now compared to before I accepted myself and came out. That helps. What I really feel guilt for is pushing away people that were gay earlier in my life because I was afraid and hiding. Don't get me wrong I was not rude, just was not the best friend I could have been. Maybe one day I will be able to reconnect and explain why.

15. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, quite a bit at first. I know the guilt is quite irrational and my sexuality/gender is nothing to be ashamed of or feel bad about, but it was hard to internalize the self acceptance.

For a long time I subtly felt like it was all my fault and that I owed everybody around me something, and had super high expectations of myself to "compensate" for my sexuality and identity.

I soon began to try and unlearn the toxicity because it wasn't doing me any good, and I was just constantly putting extra weight and burden on myself. I have nothing to apologize for, and I'm still working to not feel guilt or shame because there's nothing wrong with who I am. And I don't owe anyone anything or any apology for it.

#35 Alder, Jan 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  16. sunshine360

sunshine360 Guest

I still feel some guilt relating to my orientation. I know the guilt is completely irrational, but it's still there.

17. Anastaisa_Lynn_14

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah all the time, like another poster said cognotive dissonance is a bitch, or i thinks thats what they said... anyway, i was brought up to believe that lgbt+ people are wrong and that they are going to hell, i still dont believe that is true but its always in the back of my mind like "hey if i die right now, will i go to hell?" just constantly prodding at me

18. Kellian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Every time I look in the mirror, so I fog the f$"*er up and laugh at it. In other word yes.

19. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    yep, I feel massively guilty about it sometimes...even somehow regret it even though i never actually made a choice to be it. even when i told my best friend and sister I felt HUGE regret and guilt. so dont worry there are other people like this :slight_smile:

20. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nah.

I already don't feel guilty often, it might as well be for some real mistake I made.

I prefer being comfortable with myself than lying to everyone to try and please them. My orientation/gender identity is my own to deal with and I could care less if someone is displeased by them.