1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm confused

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Abe0106, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Abe0106

Im transgender and I'm afraid to come out to my friends as transgender.They are open to gay people but they hate transgender people and I'm stuck and I don't know what to do.

2. Florestan

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Before you transition, it seems that you'll either have to part ways with them beforehand, or let them part ways after you come out. Either option could be unpleasant, but the first might be easier on you.

If you decide to talk directly with them first, it would be good to find some sort of support to help soften the blow. If there's no one in your personal life, you could see what organizations are in your area. You'll also need to be careful about how you come out. Maybe you could take them out to eat somewhere they wouldn't want to make a scene. If you haven't already let them know how seriously you take their hatred of transgender people, you probably should. They'll have to double down on their bigotry, or reconsider it. That, in itself, can go a long way in helping you decide what to do.

3. tgOlivia

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    If they are true friends, worth having, than they'll rethink their opinions on trans people and accept you as you are. If they don't do that, than they're bigoted asshats and you were better off finding new friends in the first place.

Best Wishes!