1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best compliment you have ever received?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ameryllis, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Systems

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the best compliment I ever got was that I could be a model, and any comment saying I look female. I also get frequent compliments on my nails. They're fabulous as hell.

I also have gotten some great uncompliments that I look like exactly like my dad. Sure he's handsome, but, y'know, women usually don't like being told their faces look like man faces. That was before hormones, though, and I had short hair. It still grated wonderfully on my nerves.

Oh, and my parents often sarcastically call me Jesus, because I'm so unchristly and such an atheist. I take it as a compliment to my unholiness.

2. setnyx

the best compliment i've ever gotten is that i've raised a good man. i get it alot.

3. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm working with a judge now and she's complimented my writing style in multiple occasions.

4. Immaunicorn

Out Status:
    All but family
    My favorite compliment I've ever gotten was that my name was elegant and timeless. It was one of those comments that gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling inside.

5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was told I look radiant and simply must have my picture taken. My picture was featured on a photo steam with Yoko Ono and Bono. So yea...

6. armydude

armydude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Somebody told me I looked like George Clooneu before, and another said I looked like James Franco.

This makes up for the severl dozen times I've been told I look like Norman Bates from the movie Psycho.

Thanks guys.

7. MatchAshes

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    "you'd be a good mom."
    -literally everyone ever

8. MrSecret

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My mom has gotten the "Your is so handsome!" comments a couple of times. It seems every comment I've received about my looks were from moms who didn't even say it to my face.

Complements directly TO me were usually on my photography or drawings.

It's always awkward because most of the things they're complimenting aren't that great (IMO, I would rate that specific work 7/10) and all of the work which I think are 10/10 people just say "That's pretty good" and move on.

9. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I mostly get compliments on my kind spirit or my creative skills, but the most heart-warming compliment I've ever gotten was from a friend.
    After I split with my ex-girlfriend, she went behind my back and told all my friends that I'd said horrible things about them, and they stopped talking to me.
    But when when I met that friend of mine, I was so relieved that he was still talking to me that I gave him a hug. He said that it was that moment that made him realise those things my ex had said couldn't possible be true, because I'd given him such an honest hug.

I guess I give honest hugs ^_^
    I do, when I think about it. I'm not the kind of person who hugs just to hug, I hug because I want to hug that particular person and share happy feelings for them.
    (not romantic feelings, just positive ones)

10. Plattyrex

My mom said I was very handsome once... yeah, I'm pretty awesome, huh?

11. BigGayAlex

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I always get compliments saying how nice and thoughtful I am of others. I think the best one (that I can remember):

"... You are nicest, sincere, thoughtful guy I have ever met."

At work I try to be nice, but it's THE MAIL and the mail is very relentless. I still try tho.

12. QueerQueen

Yang Chung
    ur boobies r big, can i shakes them up & down? lol :slight_smile:

Ziggs
    dayum shawty let me holla at yu rite quick u nomsayin? check you out there you look kinda good, ya know what im sayin? so i was wonderin ya know how bout u n me go back to mah place, get comfortabal, probably sipsome of dis henney, nomsayin, and after that, we can do grown up things and clap dem cheeks ya hear me?

The first was posted on my youtube channel a while ago and I don't even have any videos, the second on an old forum I used to be super active on. What charming young men -slow clap- nothing could top these two except maybe the guy who said he'd like to lick me up and that I had nice legs while I passed him by on the street.

Anyways the best compliments I have probably ever gotten was from my ex, she was really charming and sweet.. when she wanted to be. I also prefer compliments about my personality or talents rather than appearance, although it is always nice to hear either one. Most recently a girl at work told me I was very beautiful, which was super sweet.

13. timo

Seeing a guy who looked a bit like me (and a cute one), and friends saying "Ha, that guy could be your brother. You definitely have the better genes though."

If someone would write me and type lyk dat, it would feel like an insult no matter what the message is.

14. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I started crying at my birthday party because I felt really insecure. I don't remember why. So I started playing piano, which is my way to cool down, and I started playing "F**king Perfect" by P!nk, and they all sang the chorus to me,

15. Zombi3

That must of felt amazing! :grin:

"I'm really happy I made friends with you"

16. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My best friend told me that my ass looked great in my favourite pair of jeans.

17. guitar

Probably being at a gay bar and having 2 guys fight over which one was going to take me home. Hell of an ego boost! :grin:

18. BigGayAlex

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Totally jelly right now. :thumbsup:

19. secretagent

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It would be either " you're too sweet to be feeling bad" "you're adorable" or "you have pretty eyes". Some people get weirded out or something when someone calls them adorable but I personally love it.

#39 secretagent, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  20. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Best compliments are about hands.

I don't exactly get compliments, but it's usually about how nice my fingers are or my standard of English. I'm actually torn being called 'machine gun' (fast talking during a debate) and that the back of my hands are 'as smooth as a baby's ass'. The second killed me when I heard it.