1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual Stereotypes & a question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Random99, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Random99

So, I don't know if this is the right place to put this but oh well.

I've recently came out to a few people including my girlfriend, that I am bisexual.

I've only dated girls and I have never dated a guy, as I haven't came out to anyone, and where I live everyone is close minded and I don't even know if there are any gay people who are mature and someone I would like to be with, but that's beside the point.

I was thinking.. Would gay people even want to date bisexuals? Like, there are so many stereotypes about Bi people that they would leave the other for the other gender, etc..

It just kind of makes me angry. If I am in a relationship, I obviously care about you and I am not going to leave you just because I like the other gender.. That's not how it works. I feel like I would definitely like to be in a relationship with another man.. just to see how it is and stuff but do gay guys want to date bi guys?

What are your thoughts on these questions and have you ever encountered something like this?

2. Qaz

Qaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    yes I have, when I came out to my friend he assumed that bi people were unsure if they were gay or straight. I explained it to him and he eventually understood.

3. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure if I'd call it a "stereotyping", to me it's just plain ignorance. Of course I would date a bisexual guy. :slight_smile: Bisexual people make just as good partners as any other sexuality - don't believe anyone who tells you otherwise.

4. CyanChachki

Before I came out as trans, I had only dated lesbians. They didn't care that I was bisexual, some of them didn't think twice about it.

5. Gabby29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Agreed. The only stereotype I hear a lot is the uncertainty with bisexuality, but like you said you can have feelings for a man when you date a man just as with a woman, plain and simple so as Spartan117 said they make good partners and lovers as anyone else.

#5 Gabby29, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  6. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hear about all bisexuals being promiscuous, but that isn't true.

I'd definitely date a bisexual. They're people who are just as deserving of love as anyone else.

7. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

i would date someone who was bisexual although i would be lying if i said i wouldn't be a bit scared not because they're bi and so they're automatically going to cheat, but rather because when dating someone there is always the very real possibility that they MIGHT cheat. whether it is a straight, gay or bisexual man

8. MetalRice

I've heard the stereotypes, they are all just dumb.

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I'd tell you, but I'm sooo bisexual that I lack the ability to make up my mind... with all this non-stop desire to cheat, commitment to orgies, and the sensibility to pick one side or the other.

10. Random99

Thank you all for the responses.

It just really angered me about some of the stuff I read online, that people don't date bisexuals because they're "more likely to cheat". That's absolutely false, anyone can cheat. I just don't get it..

We deserve love like anyone else does.

Also, about the questioning thing, I hate that too. ;-;

#10 Random99, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015