Homophobe ranting at Athens Pride 2015

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Images and Words, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I really have to disagree with Greece being the "worst" with homophobia. Like I said before: they are surprisingly good for an Orthodox country. I'm sorry you had this bad experience, though. If I'm not mistaken, they do have an anti-workplace discrimination law for LGBT people.

I don't see why Greeks get so upset about moving to the US. There's many Greeks who migrate out. (Especially to places like Germany and Australia). When I've gone to Greece, my peers actually seemed somewhat intrigued because some see the US as some major technologically advanced nation. Although, some of the older generations seem to not like the idea of giving up their traditional lifestyle, so for family to do that would somewhat upset them.

The restaurant thing is so true, though. My first cousin removed moved to the US to find a new life. He's been working as a chef/waiter at some Greek restaurants. Before my parents got divorced, we ran a pizzeria. Now, my dad is back to running a restaurant with his new wife. I feel like Greeks open restaurants because food is the only real thing they can make business off. (And because they're good at it).

2. LooseMoose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    oh the irony, given history of same-sex relations in Ancient Greece.

3. Mith

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I went to Gay Pride of Milan and there was Christian fanatics as well, they also have a counter-manifestation called "Family Day" against the rainbow families rights that we still don't have.
    We just ignored them, we were so many and everyone so happy that we didn't give a fuck about some idiots with the "choose god" signs, some guys of the pride take pictures of them with signs like "love is love" and "Jesus had two fathers" but that's all. I don't get all this people: "oh, an homophobe" *take selfies with her* leave her alone, screaming against the future and believing that there is a god who hates his own sons and daughters because they aren't straight, she is losing her battle anyway.

I really liked when during her rant all those guys yelled "We love you" though lol

4. Pie

Pie Guest

She is actually mocking homophobic people right?

5. Images and Words

:lol: Please tell me you're joking...

6. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is so honest. I could just see all of this. Because we have a lot of people who haven't finished college yet, there could be a thread just on interviews stories, but that question was just bizarre. It's out of a movie script. Did you ever sign on with that company?

I've had some really interesting and inappropriate questions in interviews. If you see those sorts of things, it's a huge red flag.

Southern Europe is different from Northern Europe when it comes to LGBT issues, I think. I think that in Southern Europe those who are opposed, and there's a few of them, will throw it in your face. I think there's more protection from that sort of backlash in Northern Europe, but there could still be more covert discrimination and hate crimes. Different approaches, but both bad.