1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to permanently get rid of periods?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by LesbianThrasher, Jun 6, 2015.

1. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Okay, I might sound stupid but what's a heating pad? I've never heard of it before. And also, how can it help?

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

3. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks for that, love. Maybe I might try it out one day.

4. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I totally recomend getting the Mirena IUD. It gets rid of periods for the majority of women. I had the Mirena and I absulutely loved it. My periods got lighter and after the first year my periods were gone altogether other than occasional spotting break through bleeding. It was sooo awesome. And no cramps or anything either. And I believe it is hormone free also. It's fairly risk free compared to a lot of birth control. :slight_smile: I would talk to your doctor about mirena. I don't think depo is a good option. :slight_smile:

5. Hiems

To relieve cramps with less risky methods, along with the heating pads, you can also try acupuncture.

And you could also try a low-fat veggie diet. The journal Obstetrics & Gynecology released a study awhile ago stating that this diet may help reduce menstrual pain. The researchers claimed that less fat in the diet = less estrogen = less cramping.

These methods won't get rid of your periods necessarily, but at least they might help mitigate the symptoms that occur around them.

6. Apollonia

I have had hormonal IUD for over two years and zero periods once I had it put. It is very low, local hormone so much better than the pill or any other hormonal birth control. No worry of forgetting anything and for most women absolutely zero side effects.

Only downside was that it hurt like a mother****** to put but this varies from person to person, and in any case it lasted only few seconds. I would do it again any day, it has improved my life immensely.