1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HE removed the rubber i did not know he is hiv postive

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by piercedears, May 30, 2015.

1. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly, this is assault with a deadly weapon. Your life is more important than your reputation.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There might be another approach: Most health departments have an anonymous tip line for people who are knowingly (or unknowingly, for that matter) spreading infectious diseases. You could check and perhaps supply them with his information... then they follow up with him and, essentiailly, scare the shit out of him.

3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am very sorry this happened. Not every unprotected encounter results in a transmission. I know that not knowing is stressful.

Deliberate infection with HIV has been treated as a very serious crime and people have been prosecuted and jailed for it. Also, work with the advice that Chip supplied. I didn't know of this avenue, but it would make sense.

4. kaotyc

There was an article I read today. A NY man is wanted for infecting over 240 men and women in NJ and NY with HIV. No one spoke up until one person spoke up. Then more people came forward. But at what point does it end? If no one says anything because they're ashamed, then when will he stop? How many other people will he infect?

In the article, one of the victims said that the guy purposely took off the condom during. That he never knew.

It is a felony and can be considered attempted murder. There's a strain of HIV that doesn't even respond to antibiotics. And it constantly evolves.

I know how hard it is to come out. Hell. i'm so in the closet I camp out in Narnia. Maybe you could call an anonymous tip line? Most police departments have those. Put in an anonymous tip with the information but say you don't want to come forward publically.

5. NathanielB13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would go to the police, HIV is deadly and trying to give it to you is like attempted murder.
    I know how scary it is to come out and you suspect they may try to call other relatives but lots of police departments have anonymous tip lines. I've also seeno n the news that even in court you can stay anonymous like in Britian with the Rolf Harris Abuse Claims. Those girls were never revealed, they just had to tell their story.
    Police are not an evil force, if you want no-one else to know about it like family and friends, they will keep it that way.

6. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am so sorry this happened to you. What a horrible person! It's one thing to be stupid and both decide against condoms and spread something you DON'T know you have... you are just taking a risk. But to not use a condom when you KNOW you have an std, AIDS at that, and specifically without consent to do so is horrible! :frowning2: It really is considered assult with a deadly weapon. The annonymous tip might be a good step to take so he doesn't do this to anyone else. Also, I hope your test results come back negitive. Much love!

7. piercedears

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is te response I got on facebok from one guy telling me I am putting fear in the community

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but don't project fear into your community about people who are HIV positive, it's only going to make things worse in the long run. Take some time to get to know HIV instead of speculating about who has it. This has never been an effective strategy. I don't know what you experience was like with this person, but please don't stigmatize the majority of us who take the time to have educated rational discussions about HIV, sex, and risk. If you are really worried about HIV talk to you doctor about PREP. There are plenty of folks who can help guide you

8. Jonathan

Really? REALLY? You have the right to be outraged by this guy who willingly exposed you without your consent nor knowledge. You're not implying or saying that every HIV+ person does that, but that it happened to you. Whoever this is needs to stop trying to guilt you for being frightened or angry and start supporting you for the violation you suffered. Honestly, he's acting as if the events are affecting him more than they do you. It's insulting and wrong. Pay no attention to people like him.

9. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh hell no. I'm taking off the filter for this post.

OK, I've been reading this thread and since it came out, but since I'm 16; I really couldn't give any decent advice about this situation except for deep sympathizing... Needless to say, it is a problem not only in this community that exists, and it is a horrible things for someone to spread a disease intentionally nonetheless.

That said, I am actually quite enraged seeing how that guy on Facebook replied to you Pierce. It was wrong, not just morally, but factually as well.

I'm not the most educated on HIV(Because basically my school tells people to never have sex at all until we're older and/or married and etc. - or our lives will be hell.) But in any case, that person who responded to you on Facebook was being frankly reflective to your sensitive situation. You have every right and justification under the sun to feel and act the way you do right now. Don't let people minimize and categorize your situation where it has affected you. (Because nobody wakes up and feels enough trust to be with someone to have sex and then realize the person INTENTIONALLY spread their issues onto you - and wants this to happen to them.)

Sigh, I'm sorry if I came off as a bit blunt, I just really can't stand by and let people be insensitive ***holes when such a situation is brought up that requires the utmost compassion... Even if the situation doesn't involve me. It reminds me too much of when I had to deal with abusers and/or people who would stomp on me whenever I expressed true concern.

But nevertheless, this post isn't about me. Pierce, you're taking the right precautions to see if something is happening to you by getting tested. I sincerely hope things go well for you.

If you need ANYONE to speak to; then I'm here. (*hug*)

#29 Taly, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2015
  10. etcetera

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO TREAT HIV WITH ANTIBIOTICS!!! Paracetamol and a cup of tea with lemon is more effective. It's a virus, and all you're doing is increasing the risk that you'll end up encouraging bacterial resistance. Treat with antiretroviral therapy (ART).

There is another option, which is a bit more devious, I guess.
    First of all, your odds of getting HIV in this circumstance are 1.38%, according to the CDC (CDC - Transmission Risk - HIV and the Law - Policies and Programs - HIV/AIDS). The fact that he was very likely on ART, despite him still having a measurable viral load, means that you're less likely to get HIV off him, so your risk is probably lower than that.

Contacting a public health group sounds like a really good idea. If this guy is serially infecting people, they may be able to tell you, and they'll be able to at least keep some sort of an eye on him. However, reporting to the police could save someone's life, even if it makes yours more difficult.

I'm really sorry you found yourself in this situation man. I hope everything is ok

11. kaotyc