Has anybody purposely looked up anti-gay comments from bigots just out of curiosity?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SubZero, May 27, 2015.

1. AlamoCity

Re: Has anybody purposely looked up anti-gay comments from bigots just out of curiosi

Hahaha, I actually remember when CNN had a comment section. That was a blast :lol:.

2. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Re: Has anybody purposely looked up anti-gay comments from bigots just out of curiosi

I'm guilty of this. I also like to watch ex-gay documentaries just to hear how stupid some people can sound in their bigotry.

3. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

I used to do this all the time.

4. Foz

Foz Guest

I just typed in "Gay agenda" to Google as I know about it but don't understand it. And found this article writing about how the BSA President feels the organisation must change to allow gay leaders (yay!) where things such as this were written!

I just don't get why people think like this, I know why (religion largely), but I just don't understand why. Talking snakes and a man walking on water is real but liking the same sex isn't? Come on!

Anyway, feel free to have a giggle with the full article here.

5. Formality

Yes, ever so often I like to delve into the stupid side of internet. I guess I'm kinda masochistic in that way.

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Of course!

How else will I know what to think?

7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I've been tempted to these days to put them in an awkward position to get people to raise brows at the bigot.

Ex:

Tom Jones: (insert crap we've all heard before)

Me: Hey Tom, remember that one time I caught you exchanging dick pics at the gym?

8. Gandee

Gandee Guest

You got it right, son! Glad to know you're aware of your abnormal deviant lifestyle and make an effort to become a normal human being like the rest of us.

As men, it's our sacred duty to spread our seeds far and wide and keep the human race from becoming extinct.

I wonder if I has gone too far xD

To answer the question, yes I have. It feeds my self-righteousness.

9. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I don't get people who go out of their way to get fired up and angry at people on the internet.

10. Gabby29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family

I see comments quite often on IG (Instagram) and really it's just silly cause then it all blows up in a circling argument.

11. Gakmstr

Literally the only time I pay attention in church is when the pastor decides it's time for some homophobia. It's cute to watch them try to defend their beliefs.
    Pastor: :tantrum:
    Me: :smilewave (!)

12. antibinary

Yes, I go on fstdt.

13. BloodFlame

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

I used to just to see what they would say and most of it stemmed from religion. So whenever I see them tied to religion, I just stop reading because I've pretty much heard it all lol.

14. Blakeee

The second one is just so pathetic, I don't see how they can be so bigoted. It's like they read four pages of the Bible and ignore the rest.

15. HugasaurusRex

Nope, never do. I do not have time to waste on bigots. They are not worth it at all. Only time I need to think about it is when I get the odd comment IRL. Like I did today. In a civilised conversation I got called "gayboy". Now it was not so much what was said, as the way in which it was delivered. I generally do not give a crap what people say to/about me or how they look at me. I just do not expect it right in the middle of a civilised conversation.

But generally I will not waste my time looking up what anyone has to say about the lifestyle I live.

16. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I read youtube comments like a masochistic alzheimer's patient, forgetting how bad they really are but wanting to see it in all its terribleness.

17. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I never search them out, but I accidentally run into them frequently. Alongside FB fights, and people passionately yet blindly defending their opinions, hate comments are something which bring me great entertainment.

18. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Sometimes when people have opinions like this I honestly can't help wondering if they're joking and then I remember that there are actually people out there who are this ignorant. It's hard to believe this stuff sometimes.

19. Chi and Bashful

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

Yup when I get bored... I just end up getting upset though, so not so smart on my part

20. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I have made an attempt to understand the viewpoint of the people of Westboro Baptist Church. They claim to feel that they are doing all of their protesting out of love for all people, to save America from homosexuality. It was interesting to say the least.