1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my best friend.Should I?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sweetcupcake, May 14, 2015.

1. sweetcupcake

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I have this friend, we have been friends since 3rd grade and in a few days we will be Seniors. I have been thinking for quite a time of coming out to her as bisexual. I have heard her talk a few times about lesbian and I gave heard a few jokes like "Boys suck, I will have to become a lesbian" and stuff like that, but I know for a fact that when she talks about them, she is also like ew. So I don't whether I should. I know*that this will somehow change our friendship and I don't want it to change. I'm afraid that she wouldn't want to be my friend no more. Anyway if I do tell her, how should I tell her?. I think face to face is the ideal way. I'm mess. Please help me.

2. Erick

Coming out is an amazing way to relieve yourself from so much stress and pressure you have on yourself, however it honestly depends where you live. If you live in a homophobic area, I believe that you shouldn't come out as it will lead to even more stress to your life. Do what you think is right, and yes face to face is the best way to do it. If you respect your friend and has a great relationship with you, you should definitely tell her. If she rejects you for your sexual orientation, was she really a true friend?

I hope the best for you :slight_smile:

3. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well put.

---------- Post added 14th May 2015 at 08:51 PM ----------

I'm really beginning to think of it this way. How much "ENERGY" does it take to be fake? For me it takes a lot. If they do not accept you for who you are, thats their choice, move on. Go find some love somewhere else.