1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Fox News host: Transgender bathroom policies are a ‘war on biology’ and the ‘scientif

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BradThePug, May 11, 2015.

1. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Fox News host: Transgender bathroom policies are a ‘war on biology’ and the ‘scie

That's why I'm so glad we didn't have to shower in front of each other in gym class. In 8th grade P.E. I was 5'2", 80 pounds at most...it was bad enough being seen in just my underwear...glad I did not have to get naked in front of my classmates. That seems like an old-fashioned thing for the most part. People don't do that in schools around here anymore.

I never feel comfortable using public bathrooms and I avoid them as much as is possible.

2. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Re: Fox News host: Transgender bathroom policies are a ‘war on biology’ and the ‘scie

ack, tenny, you made 666 posts... :grin:

now, isn't this discussion more productive than bashing fox news. yeah, all news can appear biased if it doesn't match your world view. But the points from either end of the spectrum of politics can be used as a stepping stone for legitimate discussion of the issues. I would encourage everyone to take a debate, or philosophy course at some point in their education.

3. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people

Well, this thread turned out to be a fairly big mess.

Anyway, for those who don't know what dysphoria is or being trans means, imagine living 20 years of your life disconnected from your body, every day going to bed feeling lost, hoping that tomorrow you will wake up and something will change. Imagine not being able to look into the mirror because all you see is pain and only managing to go on because you live through other people and find happiness in their happiness.

When you finally find out that there is a reason for how you feel, you learn that you need to go through a terrifying experience that includes multiple operations, facing prejudice at every corner, you risk alienating your family and being kicked out of home, there is fear of rape and violence and you are not sure you can even cope with the huge financial burden. All this is combined with having to shatter your current identity into a thousand pieces and change every part of your life. Despite all of this, you choose to go down this path because you know the alternative is so much worse.

Here's a document that explains well how much prejudice, hatred and hardships we face for just wanting to feel normal:

http://endtransdiscrimination.org/PDFs/NTDS_Report.pdf

Now ask yourself this, what's the big deal in letting someone who is going through so much use whatever bathroom he or she feels safe to use. :angry:

#43 Eveline, May 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
  4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

And when they reported that Medicare was monitoring your internet usage so they could deny conservatives medical care.

5. Ruprect

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

As are most newscasts. They all seem to have a slant if you watch them long enough. None of them are truly neutral, although, some try.

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

As if conservatives have never waged a war on science. >.>

7. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people

None of them are neutral, but some are better than others. MSNBC and Fox both seem to score low when it comes to fact-checking. I stay away from both of them, personally.

8. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

Seriously? :roflmao:

That's up there with the worst of the Daily Mail.

9. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I work in a nursing home. In the dining rooms that have TVs, their is FOX, and the other is 700 Club. If I clean up the dementia unit, it's the 700 Club. And believe it or not, every time I'm down there... Pat is being an idiot and saying something stupid. Now I know why all the people in the dementia unit are down there. I'd be moving through phases of dementia too if I was stuck watching that idiot.

And in the Dining Room I typically work in, it's FOX. And one resident "must" control the TV. Can't really tell you what they want to watch. 33% of the time, it's FOX News (if you can even call it that.) or FOX Sports. and 66% of the time its Family Feud on GSN. That is... if I can convince them to change the Channel.

But, even in my last job. The TV in the diner was either set to FOX or HLN. And the regulars their that were apart of the "tea party" insisted that it was on FOX.